By: Carmina Alvarez
We all know that a redhead’s skin is much more sensitive and fairer than others, so puffiness, dark circles and wrinkles around the eyes tend to show up more frequently. The skin surrounding the area of the eye is the thinnest in the entire body and as time passes, the upper lids loosen, the lower lids get puffy and fine lines start to appear.
Every redhead, no matter what age, should own an eye cream or gel because the skin around the eye needs extra protectant.
1. Apply cream around the eye twice a day, morning and night.
2. If you have noticeably dark circles under the eyes, it’s is highly recommended by beauticians to opt for creams with vitamin K; doctors use it before cosmetic surgery to prevent bruising.
3. It is said that gels present faster results than creams, but every person’s skin is different. Try both options and see which one is best for you.
TOP FOUR “REDHEAD FRIENDLY” EYE CREAMS/GELS:
1. Ole Henriksen Ultimate Lift Eye Gel: This is a big time favorite! The gel is perfect for under-eye dark circles and puffy eyes. It contains cucumber extract that helps to revitalize tired looking eyes.
2. Neutrogena Healthy Skin Eye Cream: This eye cream firms the skin surrounding the eyes and reduces the appearance of fine lines. It’s creamy formula is perfect and can also be used as a moisturizer and even a primer for eye make-up.
3. Korres Quercetin & Oak Antiageing Antiwrinkle Eye Cream: It soothes tired looking eyes and makes skin look younger in a matter of hours; it also reduces the appearance of wrinkles and tones the skin.
4. Patricia Wexler Intensive 3 in 1 Eye Cream Lifting, Firming Anti-Wrinkle Formula: This is a miracle cream! It improves skin overnight, makes it look younger and intensely moisturizes the skin. If you begin to see aging on the upper eye lid, it is recommended that you apply this cream directly on the lid.
Rock it like a Redhead!