By: Carmina Alvarez
Moisturizing products are a must for every redhead. It’s commonly known that redheads are prone to very dry, sensitive skin-especially in autumn and winter. Now that the fall season is here and the cold winds are beginning to blow, our skin needs special care.
Many people only think to moisturize their face, neck and body and sometimes forget about the hands; and if the hands aren’t moisturized, the skin can dry out and become cracked.
During the colder seasons, opt for body butters, instead of lotions. Here are some good ‘redhead friendly’ moisturizing options for redheads:
1. Morning Body Butter from The Body Shop: I got this as a birthday gift and fell in love with it. I love the smell and the creamy consistency. This stuff will keep your hands moisturized for hours.
2. Philosophy Amazing Grace Shea Butter: It melts perfectly onto the skin and banishes cracked skin immediately! Its main ingredient is shea butter; which is a MUST-have ingredient in all body moisturizers.
3. Out of Africa Raw Shea Butter Moisturizer Vanilla: This stuff is awesome! It gives your hands the perfect moisture and it lasts for hours. It also eliminates cracked skin in a jiffy.
4. Korres Yogurth Body Butter Korres: I love the smell of this product, but one of the best benefits is that it doesn’t leave hands feeling greasy. It also contains shea butter and natural yogurt for extra smoothness.
5. Vaseline: This isn’t a body butter or a typical lotion, but it is a good ol’ grandma remedy. Most of us have grown up with Vaseline and it’s one of those products that is a must-have in every house. For the best results, rub Vaseline on the nail cuticle and hands before bedtime. A little goes a long way, so use sparingly.
When buying body butters and moisturizers, it is important to note that if a product contains citric ingredients such as lemon, orange, etc., they may dry out your redheaded skin even more. And an extra tip: don’t forget to drink lots of water (even if it’s cold outside), to keep the elasticity and hydration in our skin.
Rock it like a Redhead!