By: Brittany Henderson
Redheads, this summer is a scorcher and sometimes wearing shorts is tough because it is hard to know what color fabric will complement our skin tone. Here are some fun ways to wear shorts and you’re guaranteed to never get lost in the crowd of denim cutoffs.
1. Lace Shorts: Free People’s Scalloped Shorts are fun, flirty and come in three colors! My favorite are the “Flamingo Pink,” but make sure to be careful if you have pink undertones in your skin. If you do, the ivory pair will look AMAZING and make you look more tan! These shorts are also ready for a night on the town if you throw your hair up into a ponytail, add some big chunky necklaces and some killer heels.
2. Prints: This is a great way to play this summer. A print will also draw more attention to your backside, so if you love your butt, a print is the way to go! Urban Outfitters is always a must when looking for fun prints. Also, do not be afraid to mix prints; just do not overwhelm your body with too many. Take one accent color on a larger print and match it with a color on a smaller print for a funky and refreshing summer look. Make sure to stick with neutral shoes and minimal jewelry to make this look work.
3. Linen: I love linen because it is one of the best and most comfortable materials to wear during the summer- it is light and airy and just feels like summer. JCrew makes the perfect linen short this season. The “Brigade Blue” is a fun color to wear and mix and match fun bright summer tanks with. Whether you are at the beach or not, these shorts are going to make you feel like grabbing a good book and a summer drink to soak up the sun.
4. Thrifty Tips: If you are on a summertime budget or trying to save up for your dream vacation, or even if you are working and having a weekend staycation, you can get trendy shorts without breaking the bank. Head to your local thrift store and buy a pair of high waisted jeans, cut them to your desired length, and you have a cute and trendy new pair of shorts in minutes, and for a great price!
5. Rock Heels: As all women know, no outfit is complete without a rockin’ pair of heels, so in order to rock these shorts like a redhead and completely show off those gorgeous legs of yours, make them look mile high in a pair of chunky wedges from Steve Madden, or if you like the more sleek look, try the Michael Kors Belinda Snakeskin Sandal.
6. Sunless Tanner: Also, remember a great self tanner goes a long way. I am not encouraging you to spend a fortune in a tanning bed or on a spray tan, but Jergen’s Natural Glow is a gradual tanner that gets darker and prettier every time you apply. In order to protect ourselves from baking in the sun, use a little self tanner, and no one will know the difference!
Happy Summertime Beautiful Redheads!