Hair extensions are a great way to fake thick red hair. Whether you’re a bride-to-be or looking to add more volume, extensions are the way to go. Getting extensions weaved or taped into your red hair at a salon can be very costly. That’s why we love clip-ins. They are gentle on your hair and you can place them in areas throughout the head to provide more volume. And, when you’re sick of them, you simply take them out – so easy!
Five important tips to keep in mind:
1. If you’re wearing the extensions daily, wash them every 3-4 weeks. Do not wear the extensions when washing them.
2. You can curl and straighten your clip-ins.
3. Don’t wear your extensions while swimming because this can damage them.
4. Looking to purchase some extensions online but can’t decide on the ‘right’ redhead shade? Buy a sample first to test and try at home.
5. Feeling crafty? You can make your own clips! Head to page 90 in the How to be a Redhead Beauty Book to learn how to make your very own hair extension clips.
Many hair extension companies out there do not offer a wide array of red shades. If they do, they are either way too bright –– like fire engine red. Here are five brands who all carry redhead shades –– ranging from strawberry blonde to deep auburn.
They offer some great skinny clip-in colors, like shades 30 and 33, at an affordable price. You can buy a complete set or do a few singles.
Photo: The Hair Shop
BELLAMI offers so many different styles –– from straight to curly. While they don’t carry too many red shades, they do have a Vibrant Red (#33) and Ginger (#30) that could both work for some redheads.
Another online hair extension company based in the UK that has a wide variety of clip-in styles –– and red shades! They offer four signature red shades: Light Auburn (#30), Ginger Red (#350), Dark Auburn/Copper Red (#33) and Strawberry Blonde (#27).
Pictured: 18 Inch Double Wefted Full Head Remy Clip in Human Hair Extensions (#350)
While Luxy Hair doesn’t have too many red shades, they do carry a Strawberry Blonde and Vibrant Auburn shade. If you’re super light (like Connie Britton) or dark (like Debra Messing), these may work for you.
We’ve heard great things about this company. All their extensions are made from 100% human hair. While their website does not compare to the other companies in this list, they do offer a strawberry (s 6) and auburn (s 3) shade. We recommend calling them to ask for some visuals of the actual shades.
This is another popular hair extensions website that offers some options for redheads. Try Copper or Roxbury Red.
Rock it like a Redhead!