In honor of Melanoma Monday, it’s important to bring awareness to the importance of wearing sunscreen. This applies to everyone on the planet, but especially redheads. Sunscreen will not only protect your gorgeous skin from painful sunburns, but it will prevent aging and potentially, skin cancer. In fact, did you know redheads are more prone to have melanoma even if they don’t get a sunburn? It’s true. So, we must take extra precautions to stay safe and make sure to get checked regularly by a dermatologist.
We’ve tested and deemed 10 sunscreen brands ‘redhead friendly‘ for 2016:
1. Blue Lizard Sensitive SPF 30+: If you were one of the 1st 500 subscribers for the H2BAR Beauty Subscription Box in October 2015, then you were lucky enough to test (and fall in love with) this product. It’s developed for those with sensitive skin and never causes breakouts. It’s a must-have in every redhead’s purse and beach bag.
2. PCA Skin Hydrator Plus Broad Spectrum SPF 30: Many redheads have dry skin which is why we love this sunscreen by PCA SKIN. It’s a nourishing moisturizer and sunscreen specifically formulated with moisturizing key ingredients for dry or dehydrated skin.
3. Neutrogena Sensitive Skin Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 60+: This was on the 2015 list and we had to add it again for good reason. It goes on evenly, rubs on the skin, and feels ultra light. The protection is hypoallergenic, fragrance-free, oil-free and water-resistant.
4. TriDerma Light & Delicate Sunscreen: It offers maximum UVA/UVB protection with essential antioxidants. Helps protect skin against unwanted signs of aging due to harmful sun exposure. You can also use as a daily moisturizer for face and body to keep skin looking healthy. This product was included in the April H2BAR Beauty Subscription Box.
5. Raw Elements Eco Formula SPF 30: For those active redheads. It is water resistant and can be applied under water! Packed with biologically active antioxidants, vitamins, minerals and extracts, it is biodegradable and reef safe. Broad spectrum UVA UVB protection.
6. SHISEIDO Ultimate Sun Protection Lotion WetForce for Sensitive Skin & Children, SPF 50+: Perfect for moms. You can use it on yourself + your kids! It is free from chemical sunscreen agents, fragrance, alcohol, parabens and has a texture gentle enough for the most delicate skin.Formulated with Aloe Extract known for its soothing effect. Hypoallergenic, tearless formula. Paraben-free, alcohol-free, PABA-free, fragrance-free and free from chemical sunscreen agents. Formulated with physical sunscreen agents Zinc Oxide and Titanium Dioxide for mineral-based protection.
Once you choose your favorite sunscreen, make sure to apply enough and re-apply frequently. And, it’s a must that the sunscreen covers both UVA & UVB rays.
Rock it like a Redhead!