It may seem absurd and a little unnecessary to have more than one redhead friendly mascara (let alone six!) in your makeup bag, but I swear by each of the following because they all work great for unique redheaded features.
Here are the six best mascaras that a redhead can rock:
1. Maybelline Great Lash in True Black or Classic Brown: There’s a reason this is America’s favorite mascara. When I started wearing makeup in the 7th grade, my mom sat me in front of a mirror with the famous pink and green tube and taught me how to delicately tint my fair lashes; which for any young redhead is a milestone achievement.
2. Lancôme Hypnose Doll Lashes in So Black: This is my go-to date night mascara. No matter what I do, it never clumps and gives me a doe-eyed appearance and it works great with a sleek liquid line swept across your top lid. For a night out, I trust So Black for a more dramatic look. It is never too much next to my freckled, fair skin.
3. Covergirl Outlast LashBlast Volume Blast Waterproof in Black: Summer is the time to rock the natural look, but as the freckles start to pop up (a sign that summer is creeping into full gear), my eyelashes start to fade more and more into my face. Before a day of relaxing at the pool or beach, a flick of some LashBlast Volume Blast Waterproof mascara is as essential to me as my SPF45 and sun hat.
4. Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara: If you’re looking for extreme volume, then this is your go-to product. One application of this collagen-fueled formula will leave you begging for more. One coat and lashes are full, defined and stretched to unbelievable lengths. Two coats and they’re reaching unbelievable heights of drama. Three coats and you’ll believe in magic.
5. Clinique Lash Building Primer: A lash primer is a must-have in every coppertop’s makeup bag. The same way we care for our porcelain skin with a daily SPF (or so we should!), our lashes need a little boost too. Their fair nature makes most want to cake on layers of dark mascara, but a quick brush of Clinique’s Lash Building Primer sets you up for lash success. It creates the perfect palette to sweep on minimal layers of your favorite mascara and still get the same dramatic effect.
6. Yves Saint Laurent Mascara Volume Effet Faux Cils: This is a luxurious mascara that is a true investment. Exaggerate your lashes with shocking volume because of the amplified helix brush with a twisted cut that provides instant excess volume on the lashes, with effortless application. It is a beautifully creamy formula to cover each lash evenly, for a thick and lustrous fringe. The effect will not only enhance your red hair and complexion but give you a newfound feeling of empowerment and confidence.
What is your favorite mascara? Share below & Rock it like a Redhead!