It has been scientifically proven that seeing the color red increases a viewers metabolism, heart rate and respiration. Wow, so being a redhead is a powerful thing indeed!
Having red hair is a bold statement, so whether you were born a “ginger” or chose it for yourself, you must embrace the fact that you stand out in any crowd. Less than 2% of the population are natural redheads and of the women who color their hair, only 30% choose a crimson shade; this rarity is what makes us so exotic and intriguing.
So I say, not only should you be proud to be a redhead, but play it up all you can. One great way is to wear “redhead friendly” colors that complement your scarlet tresses. Here are the best colors for your daily wardrobe:
1. GREEN: Green hues look amazing on all redheads; from emerald to teal, these shades are stunning when paired with red hair.
2. PURPLE: Remember art class? Purple compliments red, so be sure to wear this royal shade!
3. BLUE: Cobalt, navy and light blue are all must-have’s!
4. RED: There is an old adage that redheads should never actually wear red. I couldn’t disagree more. The key is to find a red tone that works with your skin tone and shade of hair. Both Amy Adams and Nicole Kidman have favored red gowns for high profile events and have received the highest compliments from fashion experts. Tip:
-Fair-skinned like Amy and Nicole? You will look amazing in a bright, true red.
-Brown-Eyed like Susan Sarandon? You will look best in darker toned reds like, burnt red or burgundy.
5. WHITE: A redhead in pure white can be breath taking. For spring, a white jean jacket is a great choice to match with your dresses and summer outfits. Tip: Because this color is known to “wash” redheads out, make sure to “up” your makeup to give your face more color. Choose a deep colored eyeliner or a pretty pink pout.
But no matter what colors you love to wear, having red hair is all about attitude and confidence. Toss those ginger tresses, walk with your head held high and love being a redhead.
Rock it, ladies!