By: Adriele Dixon
Here is Emma Stone at the Spiderman 2 premiere looking ravishing in yellow with a red lip! I think every girl goes through that stage of trying to figure out what colors best compliment her redhead skin tone. To be honest, I feel like most women still fight that battle in dressing rooms all over the country. “Does this color wash me out?” As a redhead, I really like a vibrant yellow with a red lip. It’s very 50’s esque, but looks AMAZING once you commit to it. I advise that those of the fiery hair persuasion avoid pale yellow if it is super close to their skin tone. If you have medium or olive skin, you can pretty much wear any yellow you want. I like a bright yellow on just about anyone.
READ: YELLOW FOR REDHEADS
I’ve chosen some of my favorite pieces that are available now if you want to try this cheery color:
1. Simple Look: Old Navy Women’s Perfect Crew-Neck Striped T in yellow stripe $8.50. It’s very inexpensive and you can’t go wrong.
2. Color Blocking: Use a skirt, like ASOS Skirt‘s to get a true spring look.
3. Pattern: This spring/summer, let yellow come out in the patterns on your shirts & skirts. The Corilynn Pencil Skirt is a great choice.
4. Go Bold: Want to rock a yellow dress? Go for it! Try J Crew Cotton Pique Dress.
5. Casual: Going to a festival or casual outing? Choose a simple button down shirt, like Target Merona Favorite Button Down Shirt in Lawn.
6. Accessorize: If you’re not sure if yellow is right for you, try a simple cardigan to accentuate your outfit. Gap Luxlight V-neck cardigan is a great choice that won’t break the bank.
As always, you can always dabble in a trend with some cute colored accessories. Hopefully this inspires you to try some yellow in your life this spring.
Rock it like a Redhead!