By: Sassy Auburn
Happy Redhead Season! The time has come to start thinking about what colors to integrate into your glamour and fashion routine. Thanks to the Pantone Color Institute, we have been given a list of colors they think will be front and center in retail stores and in beauty items. Although some are definitely ‘Redhead friendly’, a few may challenge us to take a chance on a color that isn’t usually one we would think to try.
Here are a list of the colors and some suggestions to help you embrace these autumn hues:
1. #17-1558 Grenadine: This orange-red color can help you transition out of summer’s bold oranges and corals and add a bit of depth and warmth. It is a perfect shade for nails and lips. Try: Julep Creme Nail Color – Alaina
2. #19-1725 Tawny Port: A mix of burgundy and brown. This color looks amazing paired next to your red hair. It also makes for a great nail color. Try: NYX Liquid Suede Cream Lipstick in “Club Hopper”
3. #13-2808 Ballet Slipper: As a redhead, I was afraid of this color for years. A great way to get this color into your routine is to start slow. Light pink, shimmery eyeshadows paired with a heavy black liner and thick black lashes is a great place to begin. Lip colors in this hue can add pizzazz to your glamour. Try: L’Oreal Infallible 8HR Never Fail Lip Gloss in “Blush”
5. #19-4029 Navy Peony: Blues are always popular in the fall, but this year they seem to be more in the forefront. Navy Peony can be found not only in shadows and liners but the daring may even be able to find a lipstick here or there. Try: Honest Beauty Eyeshadow Trio
6. #17-4402 Neutral Grey: You cannot go wrong as a redhead with having neutral gray in your collection of clothes, shoes, accessories and makeup. Try: Moth Solita Turtleneck Sweater
7. #19-4524 Shaded Spruce: Us redheads love our greens. Sometimes Kelly “Irish” green isn’t always the shade we want. This dark, muted teal-ish green is perfect for fall, especially incorporated into your wardrobe and makeup routine. Try: Bobbi Brown Women’s Gel Eyeliner in Green
8. #16-0543 Golden Lime: Speaking of green, here is an unusual shade. The name of this color alone screams yes to a redhead. Gold? Lime? Put them together and you have a unique shade you don’t see too often. My top piece of advice: have fun with this color! Try: Anupamaa Raina Kimono Dress
9. #17-4041 Marina: Although some redheads may be hesitant to wear certain shades of blue, this one looks great with auburn tresses. Be careful with eyeshadows in this shade—it can make a pale redhead look washed out. A bold liner on your top lid is a great way to explore this bright color. Try: Kat Von D Ink Liner in Nerdrum
10. #17-1145 Autumn Maple: Some of you are probably saying, “Hey, that’s my hair color!” It’s kind of hard for a redhead to not make this color work for them. Some may, however, feel that the color is just a bit too much like their hair color and think it may look too overwhelming. If that’s the case, use this color in prints and patterns for pieces in the closet. Try: Free People Swim Too Deep Pullover Sweater in Burnt Orange
Tip: It can be difficult to find complementary colors to go with shades you don’t wear often or have never worn before. Use a color wheel to help find your perfect shades that go in harmony with each other.
Rock it like a Redhead!