Today is considered “Don’t Fry Day” by the Skin Cancer Foundation. On the How to be a Redhead podcast, Episode 4 is now live and we’re speaking with Dr. Dendy Engelman. She’s a spokesperson for The Skin Cancer Foundation and a board-certified dermatologic surgeon practicing in New York City.
May is Skin Cancer Awareness Month and the Skin Cancer Foundation, Dr. Dendy Engelman and H2BAR are reminding people to be sun-safe over the Memorial Day weekend and all through the summer.
Dr. Dendy Engleman is currently an associate at Manhattan Dermatology and Cosmetic Surgery. She has extensive training and experience in cosmetic dermatology – including neurotoxins, injectable fillers, and chemical peels.
LISTEN TO THE HOW TO BE A REDHEAD PODCAST, SEASON 2, EPISODE 4 WITH DR. DENDY ENGELMAN BELOW
Most recently, Dr. Engelman was appointed Director of Dermatologic Surgery at New York Medical College. She is a fellow of the American Academy of Dermatology, American Society of Dermatologic Surgery and American College of Mohs Surgery.
We ask her the following questions:
1. What are some of your top sun tips for redheads?
2. Is SPF 100 really more effective than 30 or 50?
3. Is wearing sunscreen on the plane (or in the car) really important?
4. What tips do you have for a redhead who is having issues reapplying their sunscreen on top of their makeup?
She recommended Elizabeth Arden PREVAGE® City Smart Broad Spectrum SPF 50 Hydrating ShieldCity Sunscreen. It blocks UVA/UBA rays AND pollution!
5. Skin checks! How often should a redhead get their skin checked? When should a freckle be looked at by a professional?
6. What can a redhead do who is experiencing pigmentation? Is laser an option?