Gwen Flamberg is the Executive Beauty & Style Editor for US Weekly and the podcast host of the very popular “Get Tressed With Us”. She’s a beautiful redhead, beauty addict, expert and influencer. We love her Tweets and Instagram stories — make sure to follow her — and so excited to have her join the How to be a Redhead podcast.
Travis Cronin is a longtime friend of Adrienne and Stephanie’s — and is a natural redhead too! He is a Senior Reporter for US Weekly and if you know him or of him, you know he spreads a beam of positivity wherever he goes! You might also see him on the red carpet interviewing Hollywood’s hottest celebs. He also just launched his own podcast, “On The List! With US Weekly” last week — and just like him, it. is. fabulous.
They recommend a ton of ‘Redhead Friendly’ approved products. Here is the list:
Gwen’s list and beauty tips:
Bain de Soleil Orange Gelee Sunscreen SPF 4 (This is a product she adores but knows those with fairer skin cannot opt for SPF 4)
Color depositing conditioner is her favorite, specifically Christophe Robin in Chic Copper. Uses it every time she washes her hair. Sometimes, she will put a detangler through her red hair, then apply the color depositing conditioner on top. Color depositing products work best when the hair is hydrated.
A cure for an itchy scalp: Christophe Robin Cleansing purifying scrub with sea salt
1. Retinol is the gold stamp for anti-aging. She believes the best gentle retinol is Retinol Reform Resurface By Shani Darden, 1 OZ
2. Clark’s Botanicals Deep Moisture Skin Mask because whenever skin gets out of whack, it gets skin back in balance without inflammation. It can actually be used for hair too!
3. Puffy Eyes + Redness: Eye patches in the refrigerator, specifically PETER THOMAS ROTH Water Drench Hyaluronic Cloud Hydra-Gel Eye Patches
4. Face Mist: Emma Hardie Plump & Glow Hydrating Mist
5. One product she can’t live without: Dr. Macrene 37 Actives High Performance Anti-Aging & Firming Serum – puts it on top of everything.
1.Urban Decay Naked Palettes, The Original + Naked3
Trav’s list and beauty tips:
Prefers shampoo for colored hair (even when his hair isn’t colored) because it always has more moisture.
A cure for an itchy scalp:
2. Concealer: Laura Mercier Camouflage Concealer
4. Bronzer: Benefit Cosmetics Hoola Bronzer
6. Highlighter: Charlotte Tilbury Gold Bar
7. Makeup Line: Recommends Pat McGrath makeup line for redheads
8. One product he can’t live without: Benefit Cosmetics Brow Pencil or MARIO BADESCU Facial Spray With Aloe, Herbs and Rosewater
Adrienne and Stephanie also discuss Susan Ciminelli Seawater Spray – kills bacteria and hydrates.
…and don’t forget to subscribe! Rock it like a Redhead!