Updated on March 12, 2018
Redheads want to protect their hair and keep it looking shiny more than the ‘norm’ because the color is incredibly rare and unique. How to be a Redhead has tested many deep conditioners; everything from the most expensive to the cheapest. We’ve picked the top 7 ‘Redhead Friendly’ deep conditioner treatments that are the absolute best for keeping gorgeous red hair looking awesome!
1. blowPro ‘damage control daily repairing conditioner: We fell in love with this brand when we tried blowPro’s dry shampoo powder. This repairing conditioner works with your hair to prevent and repair split ends because it is made without harsh sulfates and had intense proteins to moisturize every strand of hair.
How to use it: Apply to dry hair. Focusing on the mid-shaft to ends apply the residual to the root. Wash out. If you need intense repair, it can be used as a weekly treatment by wrapping treated hair with a warm towel for 15 minutes before rinsing.
2. Schwarzkopf Bonacure Color Freeze Treatment: For redheads ‘by choice,’ this is a great option because it is specially designed for color-treated hair. This product nourishes without weighing down the hair because of a liquid silk extract.
How to use it: Use the Schwarzkopf Color Freeze Treatment once or twice a week to provide an extra care boost for your red hair.
3. It’s A 10 Miracle Deep Conditioner Plus Keratin: We’ve tried so many drugstore conditioners and all of them left our hair feeling greasy- that is until we tried It’s A 10’s deep conditioner. Helps prevent split ends & sun damage
How to use it: Smooth section by section. Leave on for 2-5 minutes. Comb and rinse thoroughly.
4. DevaCurl Heaven in Hair Intense Moisture Treatment: It is an intense deep conditioner that is perfect for curly and processed (and red) hair and it is sulfate-free.
How to use: Using your fingertips, glide a liberal amount through damp hair. Place hair under a plastic cap and leave in for 15 to 30 minutes with or without heat. Rinse. Use once or twice weekly.
5. Hask Argan Oil Repairing Deep Conditioner: This super affordable conditioner was an instant ‘yes,’ because it restores the hair with just one treatment. You will see a difference within hours after using a treatment! Your red hair will suddenly be soft, silky and manageable.
How to use: Apply throughout clean, wet hair. Leave on for 10 minutes. Rinse well.
6. Redken Real Control Overnight Treatment: This is a great conditioner because it can easily be applied before bed and by the time you wake up and wash out the treatment, you’ll notice a considerable difference. It isn’t messy and is perfect for busy women on the go.
How to use: Squeeze a dime-size amount into your hand and apply to the hair, concentrating on the ends. Wrap the hair with plastic or tie it in a high bun and wash out in the morning.
7. JessiCurl Too Shea! Extra Moisturizing Conditioner: We love the JessiCurl line — even if you do not have curly hair! The conditioning treatments are seriously amazing. This one has shea butter jojoba oil, avocado oil and tons of lovely herbs and spices that are all great for hair and scalp. Together they combine to make a thick, moisturizing conditioner that isn’t too heavy and not at all greasy. It makes your curls so soft you’ll have a hard time keeping your hands out of them.
We’re also fans of the JessiCurl Spiralicious Styling Gel. See our tutorial below:
Rock it like a Redhead!