The Mad Men bombshell looked nothing short of stunning at the 2014 Emmy Awards. She showcased subtle waves and let her red dress do the talking. To get her look, we spoke with NYC editorial hair stylist, Kiera Doyle. “Christina Hendricks is rocking the beach wave. It’s super easy to do, ” says Doyle.
Get the look in 5 easy steps:
1. Wash and blow dry hair with finger or paddle brush.
2. Prep dry hair with flexible hold spray.
3. Use a 2-inch barrel curling iron. Wrap hair in two inch sections from the base of hair spiraling down around the curling iron. Do not use the clamp! Hold for 2-5 seconds. Release. Continue to move around the entire head until most sections are curled.
4. Optional: Leaving some strands out will give a more disheveled look.
5. When finished, run fingers through hair to break up waves. Spray with hair spray or add some sea salt spray if you really want to shake things up!
Rock it like a Redhead!