By: Brittany Henderson
Finally, the weather is heating up and I want to scream “finally!” because I grew up in sunny California. Summertime symbolizes beach days, barbeques, long bike rides and lots of fun with friends and family.
Most of my friends were bleach blonde, tan girls, so I learned how to rock the same ‘just came from the beach’ look while still looking fashionable and keeping my skin safe. Here are a few tips on how to pull off that ‘California cool’ look, redhead style:
1. Wear Linen: Linen is the perfect accessory for summer! It is the best option because it offers maximum sun protection and is so fashionable. Check out Roxy Ocean Side Beach Pants.
2. The Fit: Wear loose fitting and comfortable clothes that still have some shape to them. Printed maxi dresses and flowy tops are great for the summer. The Indah Marissa Open Back Maxi Dress is great because it covers your shoulders for more sun protection.
3. Accessorize Like Whoa: Bring out the friendship bracelets from third grade and leather bracelets and layer them on your wrist.
4. Rock that Red Hair: Garnier Fructis Surf Hair is a hair paste that should be applied right after a shower. It will give you the perfect tousled beach look.
5. Smile Big: If you aren’t out in the California sun, smile bright enough so that everyone around you feels like they are!