Red hair should always look gorgeous because the color is so unique and rare. When the fall season approaches and hats are all the rage, a redhead has to worry about lanky and flat hat hair.
Follow the below steps to keep your hair beautifully Red:
1. Damp hair will cause hat hair. Make sure to blow dry hair and do not style with mousse because it will dampen hair and give you more hat hair.
2. Depending on your hair type and mood you can either blow dry your hair straight or give it body.
If you choose to go straight, straighten the hair with a flat iron (especially the ends) because by flattening your hair on purpose, you will avoid the flatness of hat hair.
If your hair is naturally curly or you’re in the mood for voluminous hair, give body to your hair. Using a round brush and a hair dryer, give your hair a boost at the roots.
3. There are a few hat tricks that many women use:
– Simply twist your hair into a high bun, secure with hair elastic and put your hat on. When you get inside, shake out the bun and your hair will be bouncy and will have no sign of hat hair.
– Take your hat off every ten minutes to half an hour. Brush your hair each time and this will help fight against hat hair.
Rock it like a Redhead!
Photo Credit: Kara Kochalko, © How to be a Redhead