I’ve always had a love-hate relationship with my redhead lashes. Growing up, I’d slather them with vaseline to (hopefully) make them curl. It didn’t work too well, but my mother swore by it. My lashes have always stuck straight out and still do if I just let them be. I own a great lash curler but sometimes it’s just a hassle to curl, apply mascara, keep applying and pray for no clump.
I did the whole eyelash extension thing last year and LOVED it. Who wouldn’t want to wake up with curled, dark lashes every morning? Nothing (I mean nothing) would get in my way of those 3-week fill appointments, sometimes even 2 weeks.
After getting into hot yoga, I discovered the heat and steam in the room were causing my extensions to fall out. It was either yoga or eyelash extensions. I decided my mat was more important.
So, I was back to lash curlers and mascara. Benefit They’re Real! Lengthening Mascara and Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara helped me in this department. Except, I was still missing that curliness the extensions provided, even after a workout or 12-hour work day.
I recently discovered lash perms (sometimes referred to as a lift) and was hooked. It’s cheaper than extensions, lasts longer and overall healthier for your lashes. I get an eyelash tint the same time as my lash perm/lift.
Recently, I went to The Lash Loft in NYC to get this service done. I slept the entire time while laying down and woke up with beautiful lashes.
See the amazing before and after results below:
Now, you may be wondering about maintenance. I know I was after getting this done for the first time. It’s pretty simple.
- Refrain from getting your lashes wet for at least 24 hours after the treatment. ‘Wet’ also means no sweating.
- Do not rub or touch your lashes.
- Stay away from heavy eye makeup during the first 48 hours.
- Mascara can be worn over your perm/lift. It is just recommended that you use a non-waterproof mascara. Waterproof ones can be harsh on lashes.
- Use a non-oily cleanser or eye make up remover when taking off your makeup.
Would you get this process done on your lashes? Rock it like a Redhead!