To keep your red hair looking its best every day, follow this simple guide. These dos and don’ts will keep your hair in tiptop shape and fashion-forward style:
1. Wet hair: Comb it. Never brush it when wet. This will help prevent spilt ends.
2. Cold Water: After shampooing and conditioning, rinse your hair with cold water to give it extra shine.
3. Shampooing: With your fingers, do five to six circular motions to get the “proper” shampoo for your red locks.
4. SPF Protection: Use sun care products in your hair to give it extra protection in the sun.
5. Dry Shampoo: Use it when you don’t have time to shampoo and when your hair needs a little pick-me-up.
6. Overnight Treatments: Before going to bed, use an overnight conditioner in your hair. Rinse in the morning and style.
7. Trim Regularly: Frequent trims will keep your hair healthy and allow it to grow quicker.
8. Blast Cold Air: To keep your hair shiner after an at-home blow dry, blast cold air on it for a few seconds. This will keep it in place and make your red hair look extra gorgeous!
9. Don’t Overdo it: Using fewer products in your hair is the key to keeping your hair shiner and more moisturized. Tip: A little goes a long way.
Rock it like a Redhead!