By: Guest Writer, Janine Ripper
As redheads, we hear it all. But no matter where you are in the world, there is one thing that seems to be ‘common’ to all, and that is the ‘infamous redhead temper’. Even in the book Anne of Green Gables, the redheaded heroine is depicted as temperamental, “the temper matches her hair”.
Of course, this can’t be true about every redhead, but use the following techniques to keep yourself relaxed and stress-free:
1. Exercise. Sometimes it’s the last thing you want to do, but once you get out there and start doing it and the endorphins kick in, you will feel positive!
2. Let your red-hair down and do something fun…even if it’s something as simple as turning the music up loud while driving and singing at the top of your lungs.
3. Burn incense or natural oils around the house. Fragrances such as sandalwood, musk and lavender are great for relaxation and creating that sense of peace.
4. Listen to music. Jazz and meditation music can help take the edge off (and jazz can make you feel a tad bit sexy!).
5. Write lists. This helps to get stuff out of your head and onto paper – write down what you are grateful for today, what you enjoy doing, what makes you happy, what you like about yourself, etc.
6. Get out and socialize. Sometimes it takes a lot to get out there, but when you do it’s worth it.
7. Read. There is a wealth of literature on anxiety, stress, and of course red heads sharing their experiences!
Rock It Like A Redhead!