We all want to look and feel our best, but with hectic schedules and too few hours in the day, it’s difficult to stick to a complicated beauty routine. Here are a few essential and healthy beauty habits that are easy to follow and will keep you and your red hair looking great:
1. Always remove makeup before going to bed at night. This seems like a beauty “no brainer,” but when you’re tired, it’s so tempting to crash with makeup still on your face. Well, that’s why makeup remover wipes were invented. Now, there’s really no excuse.
Try: Burt’s Bees Facial Cleansing Towelettes
2. Clean your makeup brushes. Okay be honest, how often do you really clean your makeup brushes? Well consider this, makeup brushes can collect bacteria that lead to clogged pores and breakouts. Simply spray a makeup brush cleanser on the bristles of your brushes, wipe with a paper towel and allow to dry overnight- voila! Try to follow this easy habit once a week.
Try: Clinique Makeup Brush Cleanser
3. Toss old makeup. Do you still have cosmetics from the last presidential election? Get the trash can out and toss any mascara older than three months and any shadows, blushes or foundations that you’ve had longer than six months.
4. Give your hair a break from blow drying or hot tools. Just one day of the week, try to not use hot irons and blow dryers. You’ll be amazed at how just one day of rest will improve your hair’s health and texture. For the optimal health of your locks, make a date with your salon to get a little trim every six to eight weeks to keep split ends at bay and to promote new growth.
5. Eat healthy and find a workout you love. Make it a practice to eat more super foods like berries and leafy green veggies that are packed with beauty boosting antioxidants. Also, move your body at least three times a week; it can be anything from taking a power walk, hatha yoga or shaking it at a dance class.
6. Get your Beauty Sleep! Mom was right about this, getting a least eight hours of sleep a night allows our bodies to restore which translates into a refreshed, prettier you.
7. Moisturize Your Skin. Did you know that your skin is the largest organ of your body and natural redheads have thinner skin than most? Give your skin the TLC it deserves. Make sure to pay special attention to the delicate skin under your eyes.
Try: Olay’s “Pro X Eye” Restoration Complex for a smooth and dewey appearance.
These easy beauty habits are simple to follow and take very little time, but will yield fabulous results.
Rock it like a Redhead!