Apple cider vinegar (ACV) is more than just a kitchen item. It can be used to strengthen and revitalize your red hair. ACV is naturally high in acetic acid and has a PH level close to that of human hair – around 3. When diluted with water, it can form into a great rinse to help bring your scalp and hair to its ideal acidity, meaning it balances the pH of the hair. It also works wonders on oily scalps. In other words, this rinse makes your red hair super shiny and healthy!
Apple Cider Vinegar Hair Rinse
1 part apple cider vinegar
1 part cool water
To revive your red hair to its days of smoothness, mix the apple cider vinegar and water together. After shampooing, pour the mixture into your hair. Let the apple cider vinegar concoction sit for a few minutes before rinsing fully with water. No need to use conditioner! The apple cider vinegar will leave hair feeling smooth and soft.
1. Use a spray bottle to spritz the ACV mixture into your hair.
2. First time trying this rinse? Use a little at first, a tbsp or two to start, to see how your red hair takes to the rinse.
3. We recommend doing this rinse on your hair every 7-10 days. If you have super thin, opt to only 1-2 times a month.
4. Don’t worry! Your hair won’t smell like ACV once it dries.
5. Three ‘redhead friendly’ ACV options:
Would you try this at home? Rock it like a Redhead!
This post was edited on December 5, 2017