If you’re a parent to a redhead, whether you’re a redhead yourself or not, you know strangers always stop to gauke and comment on your child’s red hair. Here are 9 things some should never say to a parent of a redhead:
1.”Is it natural? Or did you dye your child’s hair?”
Of course, it is natural!
2. “Are you the mother/father?”
No, I am just pretending.
Adrienne with her father, Michael
3. “Can I touch her/his red hair?”
4. “Where did she/he get her red hair?”
Well, it’s a recessive gene and has to come from both sides. Do you really want a family ancestory lesson?
Pictured: Adrienne and Stephanie with their mother, Jan
5. “Is her/his name Ginger? That would be so cute!”
Thank you for the name suggestion.
6. “Her/his cheeks are red.”
Those are natural as well.
7. “Are you applying sunscreen? It’s so very important.”
Thank you for caring. We re-apply sunscreen every two hours too.
Pictured: Adrienne and her mother, Jan
8. “Has your baby been to the beach? I’d be afraid to take mine if she/he was a redhead.”
Sunscreen and lots of shade. My child can still enjoy the beach.
9. “Is she/he getting bullied?”
Parents of redheads know one thing: their redhead children should always & forever Rock it like a Redhead!