Keeping our redhead skin protected during the summer is so important. Overexposure to UV rays can lead to premature aging of the skin, skin spots, and even skin cancer.
It might feel like wearing makeup is enough to protect your skin, but if that makeup doesn’t contain SPF, harmful rays are still getting to your skin. This summer, make sure your face is protected with these SPF-infused redhead-approved products!
The best way to start your summer redhead skincare routine is right at the base. After you apply your regular sunscreen and moisturizers, add an extra level of protection.
1. Sun Bum Mineral Sunscreen Lip Balm – SPF 30: An ultra-important place to add SPF is your lips. Eating, drinking, and general wear throughout the day will leave your lips vulnerable. Swipe on some SPF lip balm before you apply your lip color and reapply throughout the day as needed.
2. Supergoop! Unseen Sunscreen – SPF 40: Want a sunscreen that acts as a primer? The Unseen Sunscreen from Supergoop! will make your makeup glide on. It’s weightless, scentless, and will keep your makeup gripped all day while protecting your face.
3. Revision Skincare Intellishade Original – SPF 45: This anti-aging tinted moisturizer with sunscreen works great alone for a “no makeup” look or layered under your favorite foundation as a primer for a more full coverage look.
Get your skin glowing with these SPF foundations. From light to full coverage, these foundations have you and your sun protection covered.
1. ILIA Super Serum Skin Tint Foundation – SPF 40: If you want a light coverage foundation that packs a punch with SPF and skincare benefits, look no further. This lightweight skin tint will leave you with flawless summer skin.
2. Suntegrity’s Impeccable Skin Broad Spectrum – SPF 30: The medium coverage formula of this foundation will leave your redhead skin flawless, smooth, and protected. We loved this product so much we put it in the June Monthly H2BAR Box! Let us know if you love it too.
3. It Cosmetics Bye Bye Foundation – SPF 50+: This full coverage foundation offers buildable coverage and maximum sun protection as well as a wide range of colors to choose from. Not only will your skin be protected, but it will also look better than ever because it helps improve skin concerns.
Eyelids and under eyes can be major effects of sun damage. Top off your look with brightening concealers that also provide sun protection.
1. MAC Studio Finish Concealer – SPF 35: Brighten up your under-eye or spot conceal imperfections with this lightweight cream concealer that leaves skin free of blemishes and discoloration.
2. BareMinerals Broad Spectrum Concealer – SPF 20: Top off your look with the BareMinerals Broad Spectrum Powder Concealer. It works as an eyeshadow base, concealer for your face, or to cover dark circles and skin imperfections.
Blush and Lips
Protect and hydrate your lips and cheeks with a little pop of color.
1. Colorescience Sunforgettable Total Protection Color Balm SPF 50: This water and sweat-resistant balm can be applied to your lips and cheeks. Available in three shades. We recommend ‘blush’ if you’re a fair-skinned redhead with blue undertones.
Rock it like a Redhead!
Subscribe to the H2BAR Box: A monthly and quarterly beauty subscription box for redheads! Use code: REDHAIR for 10% off. Subscribe now!