Redhead confidence is all about knowing and loving who you are. For many redheads (myself included), grappling with our hair color is part of the journey to healthy self-esteem, self-love and self-acceptance.
Once you get to that place, you begin to notice certain things about yourself and other redheads. Here are my 6 discoveries:
1. You notice other redheads and you hope they notice you too.
2. When you see a redheaded child, you want to talk to them and tell them their hair is an asset.
3. When you see a redhead celebrity, your redhead pride swells.
4. When a non-redheaded celebrity decides to become a redhead, your pride swells even further.
5. When someone says a male redhead celebrity is hot (Prince Harry or Damian Lewis), your pride swells even beyond the previously swelled pride.
The redhead Prince Harry gets married tomorrow🤵👰❤️ + the June @h2barbox theme is the R E D H E A D E M O J I… so we just feel like there is too much to celebrate NOT to have a F L A S H S A L E!! Use Code: WEDDING for 20% off your @h2barbox! Ends 11:59PM EST, tonight! 🎉🎉🎉 *More in Stories* #KeepCalm #GingeristheSpiceofLife
6. And finally, you can look in the mirror every single day and love yourself for who you are, red hair and all.
It’s not easy to accept who you are, especially when you want to fit in and your red hair makes you stand out. As Dr. Seuss asked “Why fit in when you were born to stand out?”
To put in a redhead-spin on the Dr. Seuss question: “Why would you try to fit in when you and your hair were born to stand out?”
For those of you who have finally embraced your red locks, what have you noticed?
Rock it like a Redhead!
Main photo: Copper falls by Miroslava Hrabušová