How many of you redheads walk down the beauty aisle and get confused with the profusion of complex products and ask yourselves, “Which is best for my red hair and ivory skin?” With so many products on the market, it is important to know what your skin wants.
Here are the top five things your redhead, sensitive skin craves on a daily basis:
1. Antioxidants: Redheads have a reddish pigment which is an inadequate filter of sunlight; therefore, a redhead’s skin is more susceptible to sunburn, skin cancer and wrinkling with age. Also, a redhead’s eumelanin (dark pigments) levels are low and do not get as much natural antioxidant protection. That’s why it is essential to look for antioxidants like Vitamin A, C, and E, which assist in making the skin glow from within, while slowing down the aging process. These antioxidants are in your fruits and vegetables, too!
2. Keep Your Skin Moisturized: Use creams, oils and lotions to keep your skin protected for the outside elements and to maintain a healthy complexion.
3. Water: It is essential to drink lots of water to keep your skin clean and hydrated.
4. Sunscreen: Your fair skin requires added protection from the sun- even during the winter months! Apply a sunscreen with SPF 30 which protects against UVA and UVB rays!
5. Apply a Foundation: Once you have hydrated, filled up on antioxidants, drank the proper amounts of water and apply sunscreen; never leave the house without a brush of light, mineral powder (or foundation if you need better coverage). The light powder will keep the skin clear and help harsh elements from hurting skin.
Keep Beautifully Red!