We LOVE color depositing shampoos for redheads. It naturally deposits color in red hair without the use of permanent dyes, you won’t have roots and you won’t have to dish out a ton of money at a hair salon. Plus, they are super easy-to-use.
If you’re a natural redhead, you can add this hair care product to your hair care routine 1-2 times a week. Great for natural reds who are experiencing natural fading and want to “up” their red.
If you’re a redhead ‘by choice’, use this regularly to lengthen the time in-between your trips to the salon.
Here are 7 tips you should know before trying a color depositing shampoo:
1. If you’re a redhead ‘by choice’, consult with your stylist or colorist before using it.
2. Color depositing shampoo and conditioners do not work for blonde or grey shades of hair. Warning: If you have blonde highlights in your red hair, using these products will turn them pink.
3. Rinse your hair after conditioning with cool water. This will help close the cuticle and seal in moisture.
4. The product may stain so use a dark towel (or t-shirt) while drying your hair.
5. If you’re nervous to take the color depositing plunge, we recommend adding a few drops to your currently used shampoo and conditioner. This is a great way to ‘up’ your red a tiny bit.
6. We advise conducting a strand test before using one of these products below.
7. For best results, lather on a color depositing shampoo. Rinse. Apply and lather a color depositing conditioner. Rinse with cool water.
We carry our favorite color depositing line from Tressa in our e-commerce shop and offer shades for strawberry blondes to deep auburn. Scroll below to see which shampoo is right for you.
1. For Strawberry Blondes
2. For Ginger/Lighter Shades of Red Hair
3. For Medium/Auburn Red Hair
4. For Dark Auburn Red Hair
5. For Deep Auburn Red Hair/ Border-Line Brunette
Bonus: If you’re a ginger, true red or darker red, use a color depositing conditioner
We recommend the Tressa Watercolors Color Depositing Conditioner in ‘Red’. Important: This is not recommended for anyone with strawberry blonde hair or anyone with highlights.
Rock it like a Redhead!
Subscribe to the H2BAR Box: A monthly and quarterly beauty subscription box for redheads! Use code: REDHAIR for 10% off. Subscribe now!