Facial moisturizers with sunscreen are an added bonus. They protect and moisturize our skin while keeping it safe from sun damage. It’s very important for redheads to wear sunscreen daily, re-apply every two hours and seek shade when possible.
As we celebrate Melanoma Awareness Month this May, here are our favorite face lotions with SPF. Here’s to multi-tasking, redheads!
Tip: Lotion should be the last step in your skincare routine. It should also be applied before makeup. It will lock in your serums, oils and spot treatments.
1. Origins A Perfect World™ SPF 40 Age-Defense Moisturizer with White Tea: This oil-free moisturizer with antioxidant-rich white tea is perfect for any redhead looking to add a little SPF to her daily regimen. It goes on very smooth and delivers a super healthy hydrating complexion.
2. CoTZ Flawless Complexion, Lightly Tinted, SPF 50: You can’t go wrong with this dermatologist recommended moisturizer. It has a light tint (so it doesn’t make your skin paler!) and makes makeup look flawless.
3. Garnier SkinActive Moisture Rescue Sunscreen, Fragrance-Free, SPF 15: Instantly locks in moisture and contains Vitamin C&E + Fruit Water Antioxidant Complex with Broad Spectrum SPF 15.
4. La Roche-Posay Anthelios SX Daily Moisturizing Cream with Sunscreen, SPF 15: A non-greasy SPF moisturizer that has been a favorite of H2BAR’s for years. Contains Exclusive Mexoryl SX (ecamsule), a UV filter with peak efficacy against short UVA rays.
5. Yes to Carrots Fragrance-Free Daily Facial Moisturizer, SPF 15: Another great dermatologist-tested product for those redheads looking for a nourishing, fragrance-free formula to help protect delicate skin. This 95% natural formula contains a mix of carrots and shea butter for rich, non-greasy nourishment and zinc oxide to get natural SPF protection.
Rock it like a Redhead!