We know avocado is beneficial for red hair, but it’s even better for the skin. We spoke with Kari Gran, skin care expert and founder of a eco-luxe skincare, and Gina Kamburowski, founder of Good Living is Glam.
“Avocado is one of my favorite ingredients because while it has great nourishment for both hair and skin,” says Kari. “The oil of the avocado has phenomenal moisturizing capabilities, is very nourishing, deep penetrating and full of protein & vitamins(and the collagen in skin is built from protein.”
“Vitamins A, E and C are all found in avocados, which results in glowing, rejuvenated skin when applied topically,” Gina told us.
Both experts gave us the reasons why redheads should use avocados for their skin, the benefits and a great recipe for endless shine:
1. “Organic avocado oil is great for redheads with sensitive skin, as it has high levels of vitamin E- both moisturizing and known for reducing inflammation, ” recommends Kari.
2. She continues,”Organic avocado oil is packed with omega-3 fatty acids and vitamins A, D and E that penetrate the skin and provide lasting moisture.”
3. “For a quick facial with immediate results, I combine avocado, manuka honey and marshmallow root,” says Gina. “Marshamallow root is a healing and softening herb often used in ointments for dry chapped skin. In this mask it provides anti-inflammatory properties and gentle exfoliation for the skin.”
- 1/2 avocado
- 2 tbs honey (preferably organic)
- 1 tbs ground marshmallow root
- Steam face to open pores
- Combine all ingredients
- Gently apply to face and neckline in circular motions
- Leave on for 15 minutes
- Rinse and pat dry
Rock it like a Redhead!