Jessica Chastain celebrates her 40th birthday today! The Zero Dark Thirty actress is such an inspiration to us redheads, and we cannot wait to watch her in The Zookeeper’s Wife, due out March 31.
Here’s 14 reasons why every redhead should love Jessica Chastain:
1. Her resemblance to her grandmother, Marilyn.
The redhead gene runs in the family for sure.
This is a pic of my Grandma & I at my first #oscar ceremony. That moment was monumental in my life. I'm excited to watch tonight and cheer on the brilliant artists who inspire me. Its wonderful to be part of an industry filled with open hearted people. Good luck to everyone, and remember to squeeze the ones you love 💖
2. Standing up against bullies.
“I got teased a lot when I was a little kid. Bullied for being a redhead,” said Chastain. When you become an adult, that stops. But then when you become a known actor, it comes back,” she tells the December issue of ASOS.
3. And for standing up for her red hair.
She said, “Being a redhead and not having very conventionally modern looks, it was confusing for people and they didn’t know exactly where to put me.”
4. [Because] Jessica won The Golden Globe for BEST ACTRESS in Zero Dark Thirty.
While looking oh-so-fabulous, too!
5. Merida is her favorite Disney character.
She dressed up and channelled her inner Merida. We give it claps all around!
6. Her appreciation for her red hair.
“But as I grew older and more comfortable, it became a badge of honor.”
7. Always a bright lip on the red carpet.
8. Those curls and voluminous red hair.
To. Die. For.
9. Her dedication to her acting roles.
For The Help, Chastain had to gain 15 pounds to play Celia Foote. She described it as “torture” and got her curves by downing cartons of soy ice cream, which she microwaved and drank!
10. The love and appreciation she has for her fans.
One word: humble
11. She embraces her redhead characteristics…
freckles and fair skin.
12. Jessica is a huge animal lover and it’s portrayed all across her Instagram page.
She revealed to E! News her birthday plans: “Then also I’m going to go on a safari in Africa. I’ve always wanted to do this,” she continued. “Maybe doing this film and realizing the joy I get from being around, just, I find animals to be very spiritual, they’re so authentic, they don’t lie to you and I just want to learn as much as I can about them, so I’m going to do that.”
13. Jessica has an all-female production company called Freckle Films.
She’s on a mission to tackle Hollywood’s gender inequality. “I just don’t know why it’s not changing,” she told American Way Magazine earlier this year. “I’m doing my part to make the change, so why isn’t everyone else?”
14. She celebrates all the redhead days that go viral on social media.
Including National Love Your Red Hair Day!
Do you have more reasons?! Tell us below.