Here’s how not to impress a redhead you’re dating—or want to date.
1. “Is your hair natural?”
Every redhead has heard this before!
2. “Are you guys really going extinct?”
This is another popular question, but one that is simply not true! Only 1% of the world are redheads, but 4% carry a copy of the gene that makes redheads. Basically, redheads aren’t going away anytime soon. Sure, the color is very rare, but that is the beauty of being a redhead!
3. “I wonder if we would have redhead babies.”
Even though it’s a creepy question, redhead babies are the cutest.
4. “Would you ever think of dyeing your hair?”
Now, this is just downright rude.
5. “So, are you 100% Irish?”
Everyone always redheads are Irish. The truth is, there are natural redheads in every part of the world –even Africa, India and Asia where people have dominantly darker hair and skin.
6. “It doesn’t look like you’re a redhead from where I’m sitting- it looks brown.”
7. “Do you mind if I nickname you ‘ginger’?”
8. “How come your eyebrows and eyelashes aren’t red?”
Some natural redheads have blonde/white or dark eyelashes and eyebrows.
9. “Does the carpet match the drapes?”
This one definitely deserves an “eye roll.”
10. “I take it that you’re a redheaded stepchild?”
It now may be time to get up and leave the date.
Gentleman, if you really like the redhead you are dating make sure to never say the above! Remember to compliment her for her unique look and leave it at that.
Have any of YOU have heard the above? Share below!