The warm months are slowly arriving and that can only mean one thing: it’s time to stock up on those summer necessities to protect your fair, freckled skin. It may seem like one day you’re wearing a winter hat because of the blistering cold, and the next, you’re comfortably wearing a t-shirt under sunny skies. During this season transition, it can be overwhelming to figure out exactly what you need to say extra sun protected (when the temperatures finally stay consistent) while, of course, letting your red hair shine.
Here’s our top 10 must-have ‘redhead friendly’ essentials to rock this spring and summer:
1. Sunscreen for your body + face: This is a must (and#1) for any redhead’s skin, no matter the season. Apply throughout the day, and don’t forget your hands, back of your ears and legs and toes.
Our ‘Redhead Friendly’ favorite: Yes To Natural Sunscreen SPF 30
2. Sunscreen for your hair: Don’t forget that the sun can damage your red hair and cause fading. Using a product with SPF will not only protect your hair, but it’ll protect your scalp from getting burned too. Spray onto red locks before, during and after the sun.
Our ‘Redhead Friendly’ favorite: Shiseido Refreshing Sun Protection Spray for Body/Hair SPF 16
3. Stylish hat: It must do two things 1) Keep your red hair protected 2) Keep your red hair looking oh-so-fabulous.
Our ‘Redhead Friendly’ favorite: Target Women’s Floppy Hat with Colorblocking – Black Combo
Our ‘Redhead Friendly’ favorite: Marc Jacobs – Arrow Head Scarf (Kiss Multi) Scarf
5. Sunglasses: The lighter your eyes are, the more sensitive you are the light. That’s why it’s very important to protect your eyes while outside by wearing sunglasses.
And, if you didn’t know already: red hair and blue eyes is the rarest combination in the world.
Our ‘Redhead Friendly’ favorite: Ray-Ban – RB3025 Original Aviator Polarized 58mm
6. Bathing Suit: Make sure the one you choose gives you the most confidence. Let your bathing suit represent your style!
Our ‘Redhead Friendly’ favorite: J.Crew Womens V-Neck One-Piece Swimsuit
7. The How to be a Redhead Tank: I mean, why not? [wink face emoji]
Our ‘Redhead Friendly’ favorite: Colorscience Sunforgettable Mineral Sunscreen Brush SPF 30
Our ‘Redhead Friendly’ favorite: Athleta Aqualuxe Print Swim Dress
Our ‘Redhead Friendly’ favorite: H&M Shopper