By: Emily Clarke
There may be fewer of us than other hair colors, and our coloring may vary, but we’re all proud redheads. Being a redhead seems to draw other redheads to me and in my experience there tend to be some specific color types we all fall into.
Take a look at the list and use the comment section below to tell us about your shade of red hair:
1. Strawberry-Blonde: Definitely in the red family, this is the subtlest of the reds. That cheerful blend of blonde with the earthier red makes this a luminous version that any redhead should be proud to wear. Sometimes mistaken for orange or pink rather than red, strawberry-blonde is as sweet as it is beautiful.
2. Ginger: This tone falls somewhere between strawberry-blonde and the classic red. A common nickname for all redheads, the tone true to the name has more orange in it than the subtler strawberry-blonde and less red as the middle tone classic red. I personally fall into this category, and adore it.
3. The Classic Red: This is the red often imagined when people picture a redhead. Vibrant, deep, and attention grabbing; this red is richer than almost any other hair color. This is the color redhead stereotypes are often based on, but individuals with this red are so much more than those stereotypes.
4. Deep Red: Redheads with this tone are understandably happy with it! Darker than the classic red, this color is a gentler version of the auburn tone. This color has all of the rich darkness and none of the brown.
5. Auburn: The darker side of the red family, this color verges on being brown. Luckily, it easily holds enough red to ensure it’s never mousy or bland. The red tones bring a vitality and joy to the color that no brown can hold a candle to.
6. Dark Auburn: Just like strawberry-blonde, this color is sometimes mistaken as not being in the red family. It’s absolutely a version of red however. The richest, deepest of them all, this is a regal tone of red.
Also, don’t forget to tell us if you ever been jealous of a different tone! Did I miss a shade? No matter your red tone, it’s likely everyone who encounters it admires your hair. Wear it with pride.
Rock it like a Redhead!