When Adrienne & Stephanie Vendetti, the sisters the co-founders behind How to be a Redhead, originally launched the brand in 2011, they wanted to launch a “red beauty box”. But, they knew they had to build an audience first. Fast forward to 2015 and How to be a Redhead now has over 100,000+ social media followers, and a loyal readership of 500,000 unique views per month.
The website only features products that are ‘Redhead Friendly’ approved. This means all items are always free of heavy chemicals & complement red hair.
H2BAR, the acronym for How to be a Redhead, and is the name of the 1st ever redhead subscription box. The How to be a Redhead team now works meticulously to find products that meet the ‘Redhead Friendly’ seal of approval and is proud to deliver them to the doorstep of every redhead each month.
Take a look inside the 1st month of the H2BAR Box:
1. COVERGIRL Colorlicious Lipstick, $7 Full Size: Redheads looks great with any shade of lipstick, especially those that make the lips (and hair) pop.
2. My Body ‘Calm After The Storm’ Soothing Treatment, $94 Full Size: This brings rest and relaxation to hypersensitive skin. It was developed with an innovative skin-calming complex and is also ideal for use after a chemical peel, laser, microdermabrasion or sunburn.
- Helps to alleviate discomfort, mild redness and itchy skin.
- Helps boost hydration and natural healing abilities.
- Actives provide an instant tightening effect to aging skin.
3. Pureology Reviving Red Illuminating Caring Oil, $32 Full Size: Great for use on damp hair before blow-drying to provide control and shine. The oil is keeps natural or color treated red/copper hair looking fresh. Noticeably increases vibrancy and shine.
4. Sunburn Alert, $6: Sunburn Alert UV Stickers make it fun and easy to remember to reapply sunscreen and when to get out of the sun or cover up. The patented color changing technology detects harmful UVA & UVB rays. The stickers work wet or dry and are ideal for children and adults. Can be used with any sunscreen, whether it is a cream, spray or lotion.
5. Blue Lizard Sunscreen, $12, 4 oz bottle: Immediate broad-spectrum protection for redheads with sensitive skin. The product contains no chemical absorbers.
- Bottle turns blue in UV light
- Paraben and fragrance free
- Dermatologist recommended
6. BioRepublic Aloe Rescue Revitalizing Sheet Mask, $5: A skin revitalizing facial mask infused with natural aloe vera extract, phytocollagen, and vitamin e.
- Soothes dry skin, perfect for after sun use.
- Provides immediate hydration.
- For healthy, revitalized, and lush skin.
7. Organix OGX Moisture + Vitamin B5 Shampoo & Conditioner Sample Set, $5: Nourish red hair with this rich blend of Vitamin B5 that speeds moisture to stressed locks, protects against environmental damage, helps to rebuild damaged lipid structures,and gets your hair back to healthy.
Month 1’s box has a $161 value. Subscribers get the above sent to their doorstep for $18.99! Sign up for your H2BAR Box by clicking here. We’re limiting the box to the 1st 500 subscribers only! Hurry!