By: Tasha, The Bay Area Style Guru
It has been scientifically proven that seeing the color red increases a viewers metabolism, heart rate and respiration. Wow, so being a redhead is a powerful thing indeed!
Having red hair is a bold statement, so whether you were born a “ginger” or chose it for yourself, you must embrace the fact that you stand out in any crowd. Less than 2% of the population are natural redheads and of the women who color their hair, only 30% choose a crimson shade; this rarity is what makes us so exotic and intriguing.
So I say, not only should you be proud to be a redhead, but play it up all you can. One great way is to wear ”redhead friendly” colors that compliment your scarlet tresses. Here are the best colors for your daily wardrobe:
1. GREEN: Green hues look amazing on all redheads; from emerald to teal, these shades are stunning when paired with red hair.
2. PURPLE: Remember art class? Purple compliments red, so be sure to wear this royal shade!
3. BLUE: Cobalt, navy and light blue are all must-have’s!
4. RED: There is an old adage that redheads should never actually wear red. I couldn’t disagree more. The key is to find a red tone that works with your skin tone and shade of hair. Both Amy Adams and Nicole Kidman have favored red gowns for high profile events and have received the highest compliments from fashion experts. Tip:
-Fair-skinned like Amy and Nicole? You will look amazing in a bright, true red.
-Brown-Eyed like Susan Sarandon? You will look best in darker toned reds like, burnt red or burgundy.
5. WHITE: A redhead in pure white can be breath taking. For spring, a white jean jacket is a great choice to match with your dresses and summer outfits. Tip: Because this color is known to “wash” redheads out, make sure to “up” your makeup to give your face more color. Choose a deep colored eyeliner or a pretty pink pout.
But no matter what colors you love to wear, having red hair is all about attitude and confidence. Toss those ginger tresses, walk with your head held high and love being a redhead.
Rock it, ladies!
Have you ever heard of face mapping? If not, it can be the key for locking the mysteries behind your problematic skin. Face mapping is a type of skin analysis that explains why and how certain areas of your face are connected to other parts of your body. If you ask us, it’s pretty amazing stuff…
Why do you break out in some areas and not others?
Each area reflects a different part of your internal health, so what exactly do pimples on certain areas mean? With this “map” as your guide, you can address the underlying causes of blemishes and correctly determine how to prevent them from recurring.
Area 1 & 3: Bladder & Digestive System — Breaking out on your forehead may be a direct reflection of what’s going on in your small intestine. High amounts of fat within your diet can lead you to breakout across your forehead. Cleanse your diet with antioxidant-rich green tea and up your water intake to clear this area.
Area 2: Liver — If you break out near/the middle of your eyebrows, it is because you’re stressing your liver. The liver breaks down fats, so you may be in-taking the wrong food. Alcohol and dairy are said to be the main causes for acea in this area. This is also an area that indicates food allergies– consult your doctor for more information.
Area 4, 6, 8 & 10: Kidneys — Spots close to your ear and even dark circles around the eyes can be caused by dehydration. Make sure you keep well hydrated throughout the day by drinking, at least, eight glasses of water. Also, avoid salt and coffee.
Area 5 & 9: Respiratory system — Those who smoke or have allergies tend to have acne here. But, if you are breaking out a quarter-inch from the sides of your nose, this may reflect what’s going on in your stomach. If you’re constantly eating the wrong foods, not chewing thoroughly eating too quickly, or eating late at night, you’re skin may be breaking out as if to say, “Stop feeding my stomach this way!”
Area 7: Heart — Check your blood pressure and make sure you’re not using makeup that irritates your sensitive redhead skin.
Area 12: Stomach — Consider a detox or adding more fiber to your diet to help with digestion.
Area 11 & 13: Hormones — Stress and hormonal changes can sometimes be alleviated with more water and a few extra servings of dark, leafy greens. Additionally, breakouts in this area also indicate when you are ovulating.
Use these tips and easily change the way your body reacts to certain circumstances!
We redheads have always been a pretty confident bunch (we have the prettiest hair, cutest freckles… the list goes on) and it takes a confident gal to wear one of the hottest trends for the spring season: the tuxedo trend.
We love dresses, but there’s something so elegant and sensual about a woman in men’s evening wear. With jackets ranging from cropped to hourglass to sleeveless; and pants that are available in wide leg or straight leg, there’s a tuxedo-inspired style that will fit anyone’s style.
Here are a few pieces to help you achieve this classic look:
1. Oversized boxy blazer: This is a very masculine cut blazer, but should be fitted in the arm area to give the body some shape. Pair the jacket with a super sexy dress. Tip: Like Julianne Moore, do match you look with a great pair of slacks and hot black shoes.
2. Tuxedo pants: The pants should be a slender fitted pant if you have an oversized jacket. But, experiment with wide legged pants, if you have a fitted jacket. Tip: Wear these pants with a dressy blouse tucked in and it’ll really set your look apart from the rest.
3. Tuxedo shirt: You can find tuxedo tops that are casual button-ups, ruffled tops and even some with intense decoration. This is your opportunity to embrace your style and find the top that expresses your personality.
Remember, wearing each piece separately with a girly feminine touch is a great way to be on trend without investing a lot. Don’t forget to accessorize either; wear bangles and bracelets with your oversized blazer and roll up the sleeves.
Rock it, ladies!
The sun is out and the temperatures are rising. Many of us are updating our wardrobes with new spring styles and while we’re at it, let’s not neglect our ravishing red hair.
Here are a few new hairstyle trends that are sure to keep you looking cute and cool this summer:
Classic Side Part
HOLLYWOOD, CA - FEBRUARY 26: Emma Stone arrives at the 84th Annual Academy Awards held at Hollywood & Highland Centre on February 26, 2012 in Hollywood, California. (Photo by Jeffrey Mayer/WireImage)
arrives at the 2011 Billboard Music Awards at the MGM Grand Garden Arena May 22, 2011 in Las Vegas, Nevada.
1. Heavy Bangs: If you’re looking to make one dramatic change to your hair this season, then blunt bangs are a great idea. This latest fringe trend is super sassy and really brings out your eyes.
2. Short, Wavy Bob: With the remake of The Great Gatsby being released this summer, 1920′s inspired styles are all the rage. This style is perfect for wavy haired girls and is super low maintenance!
3. Classic Side Part: This sultry look is great if you’re in the process of growing out your bangs. Simply sweep those long bangs to the side and let them play peek a boo with your eyes, it’s an alluring look that is always in style.
4. BoHo Braids: This is one of is an absolute “home run” for redheads! Rocking braids is a cute and casual way to change up your look without committing to a new cut.
5. The Center Part: This versatile style looks fantastic when worn with mermaid waves or straight and long. The center part thins and elongates the features of your face which actually creates the look of killer cheekbones. Hello? Wouldn’t want that?
Whether your hair is long, short or somewhere in between, be prepared to turn heads with these new trends and let the compliments begin now.
Rock it Like a Redhead!
Summer is just around the corner and it’s time to start getting your wardrobe ready for the season by embracing vibrant shades of fabric and thin, comfortable fabrics that express your redhead personality.
There are hundreds of options when it comes to summer dresses, but there is no need to splurge to achieve the look you desire. Although your favorite celebrities, like Christina Hendricks, Amy Adams and Isla Fisher, might look incredibly glamorous in their expensive regalia, you can have their style for a fraction of the price.
Here are 6 tips on how to look chic for cheap:
1. Online outlets such as Zalando, are constantly turning to the major fashion houses for inspiration and more often than not it would take an expert to be able to tell the difference.
2. The maxi skirt is an incredibly versatile summer garment that can be tied together effectively with a wide leather belt and thin cotton shirt. This is a look favored by young stars because it is an elegant way to look desirable and laid back at the same time.
3. Linen dresses are relatively cheap and come in a variety of bright colors that will perfectly reflect the shine and sparkle of the summer months– and your red hair!
4. Floral dresses are a timeless summer must-have and are said to look great with paler skin. Floral dresses can be accessorized with a variety of bags, sunglasses and hats; and will look appropriate at any activity, wether it be a music festival or a night out on the town. Hollywood fans of the floral summer dress include movie star, Jessica Chastain who rocked her floral dress look with a bright pink lip and loose red hair.
5. Although it tends to absorb the heat, wearing black in the summer can be a bold statement. Rock a chic, thin black dress with severe shades and flip flops.
6. Silk is one of the most desirable fabrics when it comes to summer dresses and while you might have to go a bit over your budget for a silk summer dress, the feel and comfort (not to mention the look) is something your friends will be fawning over all season. Jacqueline Emerson, from the hit show, “Hunger Games,” stepped out in a green silk chiffon dress over St. Patrick’s Day weekend and looked genuinely stunning. Besides green, opt for other “redhead friendly” colors like mustard green, purple or blue.
The options are almost limitless and with enough patience and the right attitude, there’s no reason why you can’t match find inspiration from your favorite (redhead) celebrities this season!