If the hands aren’t moisturized, the skin can dry out and become cracked. Learn about the top moisturizing products for your redheaded skin:
By: Carmina Alvarez, Monterrey, Mexico Redhead
It’s commonly known that redheads are prone to very dry, sensitive skin-especially in autumn and winter. Now that the fall season is here and the cold winds are beginning to blow, our skin needs special care.
Many people only think to moisturize their face, neck and body and sometimes forget about the hands; and if the hands aren’t moisturized, the skin can dry out and become cracked.
During the colder seasons, opt for body butters, instead of lotions.
Here are some good moisturizing options for redheads:
1. Moringa Body Butter from The Body Shop: I got this as a birthday gift and fell in love with it. I love the smell and the creamy consistency. This stuff will keep your hands moisturized for hours.
2. Philosophy ‘Amazing Grace’ Shea Butter : It melts perfectly onto the skin and banishes cracked skin immediately! Its main ingredient is shea butter which is a MUST-have ingredient in all body moisturizersrs.
3. True Blue(r) Spa Too Shea 100% Shea Butter Balm : This stuff is awesome! It gives your hands the perfect moisture and it lasts for hours. It also eliminates cracked skin in a jiffy.
4. Yogurth Body Butter from Korres : I love the smell of this product, but one of the best benefits is that it doesn’t leave hands feeling greasy. It also contains shea butter and natural yogurt for extra smoothness.
5. Vaseline : This isn’t a body butter or a typical lotion, but it is a good ol’ grandma remedy. Most of us have grown up with Vaseline and it’s one of those products that is a must-have in every house. For the best results, rub vaseline on the nail cuticle and hands before bedtime. A little goes a long way, so use sparingly.
When buying body butters and moisturizers, it is important to note that if a product contains citric ingredients such as lemon, orange, etc., they may dry out your redheaded skin even more.
And an extra tip: don’t forget to drink lots of water (even if it’s cold outside), to keep the elasticity and hydration in our skin.
Carmina Alvarez is a natural redhead from Monterrey, Mexico. She loves anything involved with fashion and beauty tips for redheads. Carmina is a Sally Beauty Supply Mexico Marketer and a Blogger. You can follow her @CarminaBolena
Leave A Response
Dont Miss Out...
By: Carmina Alvarez We all know red hair, natural or dyed, tends to fade with time and it’s a never ending struggle to find the right products to keep red hair vibrant and completely moisturized. One of the best ways a redhead can bring life back to her hair without dying it is with color depositing shampoos and conditioners. READ: WHAT’S
By: Kristin from Latest-Hairstyles.com The super sleek, low volume hair trend it a MUST for fall. This trendy style will really show off your healthy red locks and is sure to turn some heads even on the glummest of chilly, winter days. We turned to superstar stylist and Latest-Hairstyles.com contributor Tanya Ramirez for the best tips to help you achieve this autumn-perfect look:
Today is Kate Walsh’s 45th birthday! In 2007, In Touch Magazine named her the #1 Hottest Redhead and this year, she told Shape Magazine, “I felt like an imposter before [as a blonde]. I’m stronger and sassier as a redhead. It’s much more me.” Kate knows how to rock “redhead friendly” tones well and her beauty is always chic and classic. Lets celebrate