If the hands aren’t moisturized, the skin can dry out and become cracked. Learn about the top moisturizing products for your redheaded skin:
By: Carmina Alvarez, Monterrey, Mexico Redhead
It’s commonly known that redheads are prone to very dry, sensitive skin-especially in autumn and winter. Now that the fall season is here and the cold winds are beginning to blow, our skin needs special care.
Many people only think to moisturize their face, neck and body and sometimes forget about the hands; and if the hands aren’t moisturized, the skin can dry out and become cracked.
During the colder seasons, opt for body butters, instead of lotions.
Here are some good moisturizing options for redheads:
1. Moringa Body Butter from The Body Shop: I got this as a birthday gift and fell in love with it. I love the smell and the creamy consistency. This stuff will keep your hands moisturized for hours.
2. Philosophy ‘Amazing Grace’ Shea Butter : It melts perfectly onto the skin and banishes cracked skin immediately! Its main ingredient is shea butter which is a MUST-have ingredient in all body moisturizersrs.
3. True Blue(r) Spa Too Shea 100% Shea Butter Balm : This stuff is awesome! It gives your hands the perfect moisture and it lasts for hours. It also eliminates cracked skin in a jiffy.
4. Yogurth Body Butter from Korres : I love the smell of this product, but one of the best benefits is that it doesn’t leave hands feeling greasy. It also contains shea butter and natural yogurt for extra smoothness.
5. Vaseline : This isn’t a body butter or a typical lotion, but it is a good ol’ grandma remedy. Most of us have grown up with Vaseline and it’s one of those products that is a must-have in every house. For the best results, rub vaseline on the nail cuticle and hands before bedtime. A little goes a long way, so use sparingly.
When buying body butters and moisturizers, it is important to note that if a product contains citric ingredients such as lemon, orange, etc., they may dry out your redheaded skin even more.
And an extra tip: don’t forget to drink lots of water (even if it’s cold outside), to keep the elasticity and hydration in our skin.
Carmina Alvarez is a natural redhead from Monterrey, Mexico. She loves anything involved with fashion and beauty tips for redheads. Carmina is a Sally Beauty Supply Mexico Marketer and a Blogger. You can follow her @CarminaBolena
Leave A Response
Dont Miss Out...
By: Shelby I was born as blonde and when I was growing up, my family would always tease me saying that my hair would turn red because my family is full of “gingers!” But, my mom would say, “If you were going to be a redhead, you would have been born with it.” When I started junior high school, my
As redheads, we all know how that the use of sunscreen is inscribed in our everyday thoughts. Every redhead should have sunscreen in her makeup, lotion and even apply real sunscreen when out in the sun. Although, there are so many scientific discoveries we hear about; is sunscreen protecting us from skin cancer? Which rays do we need to protect
By: Liz Washer Q: I’m a redhead bridesmaid and I’m wearing a champagne colored dress. What color makeup is best? A: Oh, how I wish you were sitting in my chair right now so I could give you a more personalized answer! Makeup color choices are influenced by many factors, and wardrobe is just one. Your skin, eye, and hair