There are some things that every ravishing redhead should consider before shacking up with their sweetheart.
By: Natasha Holler
In a relationship, you’ll take many big steps along your journey together: becoming “exclusive”, your first kiss, and your significant other getting used to your redheaded ways! Let’s not forget one huge step that could make or break your relationship – moving in together. There are no hard and fast rules for how long you should wait before taking the plunge, and there is certainly no foolproof plan to avoid conflicts; but there are some things that every ravishing redhead should consider before shacking up with their sweetheart.
1. Make sure both of you are in this for the long haul. We’re not freckle-faced children anymore, ladies… we’re freckle-faced adults, and we’re not playing house! Cohabitation with your partner is a step closer to the rest of your life, so it’s not something to be taken lightly. Every couple is different, so there’s no sense in putting a time limit on how long you need to be dating before moving in together, but you should take care to know the ins and outs of your relationship before making this leap. Do you know each other – really, actually know each other? If you’ve had your first big fight and have been able to work through it, you’ve already taken a step in the right direction. No relationship is devoid of arguments… the important part is knowing how to work through them. Another good sign is if you’ve taken an extended vacation together and still want to spend time with each other. And, if you’ve already been spending a lot of time in each other’s space, you may already know that he leaves his wet towels on the bedroom floor and leaves beard stubble in the bathroom sink.
2.That brings us to our next point… Get. Over. It. Redheads, we are notoriously set in our ways, so make a conscious effort to be carefree! Remember, you will do things that annoy him, too. Don’t get worked up over it. As long as your partner respects you, he’ll try to stop getting toothpaste on the mirror if he knows it drives you crazy, but if it happens, don’t have a meltdown. It’s his house, too!
3. Your home should be “yours”, as a couple, so it’s a good idea to try and start off on neutral ground. If you can get the timing to work out (and you should try), move into a brand new home together. If you move into his bachelor pad, or he moves into your dazzling domicile, you’ll never be truly comfortable. It may feel like someone’s space is being invaded, and that could just set you up for defeat. And while moving sucks… decorating a new home is fun – imagine how fun it will be to decorate together!
4. One of the biggest things couples fight about is money. It may sound obvious, and it’s not fun, but discuss your financial intentions before you start house hunting. Be sure to also discuss what might happen in a worst-case scenario. You’re not just roommates; you’re in this together… so while the finances may not be split exactly down the middle, both parties need to be prepared, and need to be okay with whatever may come – for better or worse!
5. Everyone has an opinion, but what works for one couple may not work for every couple. For example, almost everyone suggests to come up with a plan to equally divide the housework. I don’t know about you ladies, but this redhead disagrees vehemently. If you’ve got a certain system that you like to adhere to, than just do it yourself. Doling out chores to your partner just for the sake of being equal doesn’t make sense if all you’re going to do is fix it to your liking when he’s finished. If he likes to cook, then so be it! If you want to mow the lawn, you go, ginger! Plus, tackling chores together or as they come along can actually save you from animosity. There will be no inner dialogue saying ” It’s his day to take out the trash and I can’t believe he hasn’t done it yet!” Just own it and do it yourself, or speak up and ask him. Communication is key!
6. Okay, enough with all this seriousness. Don’t forget… you’re in love, and you’re getting ready to go an adventure with one of the coolest people you know. Remember to have fun. Go out on dates, spend some time apart, and make sure to maintain some privacy… but always look forward to coming home to your shared space.
Rock it like a Redhead!
Leave A Response
Dont Miss Out...
By: Melanie When I was younger, I hated my red hair so much! I used to pour lemon juice on it and sit in the sun for hours. I was told how rare it was and how one day I would love it. I never believed them. I spent my younger years living in Hawaii (in the mid 1970′s) and
“Game Change” actress Julianne Moore in her Tom Ford gown looked gorgeous at the 2013 Golden Globes award ceremony. Want to get her look? It’s easy! 1. Brush on a loose powder to your ivory skin. 2. Apply natural looking fake eyelashes. READ MORE: LASHING OUT, PART 1: HOW TO ACHIEVE A FULL, FABULOUS FRINGE USING YOUR NATURAL LASHES 2. Swipe a
The sun is really hitting our red hair hard this summer and with months left of warm weather to go, we searched and searched for a product that would repair and hydrate our red locks. We fell in love with Pureology Purify Shampoo and Hydrate HydraWhip. The shampoo and conditioner combination is amazing because they work perfectly together; the