A few simple styling tips so you too can rock this Jessica Chastain-inspired look:
While the braided trend is still hot for fall, the twisted hair trend is even hotter. Braids and other intricate styles can be a bit overwhelming and difficult to achieve, but the twist trend is quick, easy and surprisingly versatile. A quick twist is the simplest and fastest way to add a little spice to your everyday fall look.
Famed stylist, hair blogger and Latest-Hairstyles.com contributor Jenny Strebe loves the hair twist trend, so we asked her to share a few styling tips so you too can rock this Jessica Chastain-inspired look:
1. Start by working a light spray gel or mousse in your hair for texture, volume and hold. Opt for products like Keratase Mousse Substantif or Tigi Rockaholic Spray Gel.
2. Blow dry hair almost 80% dry before grabbing a medium sized round brush.
3. Take one to two inch sections and blow dry hair while working the round brush up to create lift at the roots. Round brush the entire head.
4. Add waves by wrapping one to two inch sections of hair around a 1 ¼ inch curling iron, curling away from the face. If your hair is resistant to curl, apply a medium hold hairspray like the Tigi Catwalk Medium Hold Spray to each section before curling.
5. Using a comb, carefully part your hair in the desired spot. The one shown here is a center part.
6. Starting below the parting at the hairline on one side of your head, take a two inch section of hair and twist it going towards the back of your head.
7. Take a bobby pin, clip it onto the end of your twist and secure the bobby pin underneath a section of hair in the back of your head. You want to hide the end of the twist and bobby pin to make the twist look seamless.
8. Repeat steps 6 and 7 on the other side.
9. Spray all over with your favorite medium hold hairspray to finish the look.
The twisting options are limitless redheads! This hair trend can be worn as simple or as complex as you like. Once you master this particularly easy twisted look, try this pin up-inspired twisted updo or go crazy with this twist and tuck braided updo. So get a little wild and do ‘the twist’ this fall…with your hair of course!
Leave A Response
Dont Miss Out...
By: Dawn Olson Everyone has their favorite vacation destination. Some choose to go back to the same place every year, others try something new each time. Some redheads even choose vacations based on if they want to be outdoors because they don’t want to sunburn! My favorite place is the Dominican Republic. It has unending strips of heavenly powder soft
By: Olivia Volpe.As winter closes in on us and the temperature starts to drop, it’s necessary to arm yourself with the best beauty products to help beat the chapped lips and give your skin a warm glow..
Who hasn’t been inspired by Sex and the City? It has inspired women of all ages to feel comfortable in ones skin, embrace the power of a woman and most importantly, the importance of fashion. When the Sex and the City movie came out in 2008, Vivienne Westwood (a British punk designer) designed the iconic wedding gown Carrie Bradshaw wore