The key to getting your skin ready for fall is being aware of its needs and watching how the skin changes as the seasons change.
When the weather starts changing outdoors, you’ll notice your redheaded sensitive skin starting to feel tight, itchy and dry. You might think you can get away with not prepping your skin for the colder weather, but your skin needs you! Don’t ignore the changing seasons. Follow these steps to keep your ivory skin flawless all fall and winter long:
1. Moisturize, Moisturize: This is the top remedy when colder weather effects skin because it is immediate relief. Every morning and night, apply a body and face lotion that is designed for “sensitive and dry skin” and contains no perfumes. Try: Bigelow Body Cream. It is also a good habit to keep a great hand lotion in your purse to quickly moisturize the hand and cuticles when the colder weather makes them brittle. Try: Kiehl’s Deluxe Hand & Body Lotion with Aloe Vera & Oatmeal.
2. Oils: No matter how dry the air or how stressful your schedule, the amazing moisturizing and aromatherapy benefits of oils will keep your moisturized all day long. Try: Susan Ciminelli’s Hydrating Oil
Want to try other oils? READ: GUIDE TO ESSENTIAL OILS FOR REDHEADS
3. Buy a Humidifier: It’s no mystery that dry, winter air takes the moisture from your skin. A humidifier will replace the moisture absent in your home (and skin) during the winter months and your skin will begin to feel like it is summer outside!
3. Take Shorter Showers: Spending less time in the shower and using warm, not hot water means your body won’t have to work as hard to re-hydrate your skin.
4. Use Sunscreen: Summer may be ending, but the sun can still dry out the skin in the colder months which is why having sunscreen in your daily regimen is a must. Make sure all face and body products contain SPF or higher.
5. Find a “Redhead Friendly” Face Wash: We all want to put our best face forward, and for most people that means washing it once, sometimes even twice a day. But having that tight, freshly cleaned feeling on your cheeks and forehead could actually signal a substantial loss of moisture. Find a product that actually gives life to your skin while cleansing it and make sure it is designed for your redhead, sensitive skin. Try: Susan Ciminelli’s Cleaning Milk
6. Protect Your Lips: Your lips are sensitive and at constant risk for exposure to the cold, dry air. Always have your favorite lip balms handy to keep those lips from becoming chapped and cracked.
7. Adjust Your Foundation and/or Powder: As the seasons change, your skin tone will change too. Depending on your skin tone, you may need a lighter, pinker or even more yellow foundation and/or powder. It is suggested that most redheads switch to a formula that is non-oily, contains hardly any chemicals and still gives your skin some moisture from the colder weather. Tip: Make sure your face is cleansed and fully moisturized before adding foundation and powder to the skin. Try: Stila Illuminating Liquid Foundation, Korres Mineral Foundation in Wild Rose.
The key to getting your skin ready for fall is being aware of its needs and watching how the skin changes as the seasons change. A little bit of effort will keep you and your redhead skin looking great!
Leave A Response
Dont Miss Out...
Some redheads love to rock a bold lip and others prefer not to; but, that’s why pink lipstick is one of the most popular shades on the market, it is very flattering, always compliments red hair and isn’t shockingly colorful. Here are the top eight pink lipsticks for redheads: READ: BEST RED LIP SHADES FOR YOUR REDHEAD SKIN TONE 1. Bite
Cabernet, Merlot and Bordeaux aren’t just the wine choices from your holiday party, they’re also the newest shades for your lips! This lipstick guide will help you find out what shade of wine lipstick is the best for you and your red hair: 1. Cabernet: This color is a great match for auburn redheads with brown tones and is a
By: Rachel Moffett With Fashion Week currently underway and all the fall 2013 collections gracing the runways, it’s the perfect time for a little reminder of the biggest beauty trends for the coming spring season. So, forget about the cold temperatures and the snow that might have pummeled your town overnight and think about warm weather, sunny days, and spring beauty.