Top advice for looking young- no matter what age you are!
As redhead beauty experts, we meet many ginger ladies and there is always one question that everyone asks, “How can I look younger?” We know it’s hard to believe, but women in their twenties ask the most frequently. After giving advice and talking with the redheaded women, we have discovered (and as gingers ourselves we can attest the same) that natural redheads who have sensitive skin usually worry about aging because the sun isn’t as friendly to their skin as our darker skinned friends (this is why you fair skinned women must wear sunscreen!). And although most natural redheads don’t go grey, but instead turn white, their red hair usually ‘turns’ earlier than brunettes and blondes because of its unique color. With these natural tendencies working against most women with red hair, we guess it is only natural that redheads want to know how to look younger than the rest.
1. Get a Trendy Hair Cut: Your hair style can make you look ten to fifteen years younger. The trick is finding the right style for your face. Look to the redheads on the red carpet for advice. If you want a more mature look, opt for a medium length, voluminous style like Christina Hendricks. If you have longer hair, look to Nicole Kidman for how she styles and keeps up her red locks.
2. Grow Your Hair Longer: Having long hair that extends just below the top of the shoulders can make you look younger. The best example of this is Julianna Moore. It is truly hard to believe that the woman is in her fifties! What I love the most about women her age who rock longer hair is that they go against the tale that women need to keep their hair shoulder length to look age appropriate. It’s not true. Let your hair grow and add volume with waves and curls.
3. Keep Your Color Enhanced: If you’re going white, visit a salon to get your hair colored. I was once told by my stylist that white or grey hair is instant age and I completely agree. There are, of course, some women that are exceptions, but in most cases a women should never allow herself to go completely grey. If you’re a redhead, you probably have the fun and spunky personality to go with it, so stick to your natural roots and keep your hair beautifully red!
4. Keep Your Eyebrows Maintained: Eyebrows completely shape the face, so it is super important to keep them groomed. Make sure to give them an arch and cut them so they don’t get bushy. If you’re missing hair, simply use an eyebrow pencil to fill in your brows.
5. Start Anti-Aging Regimens Immediately: I’ve always recommended that women use anti-aging lotions and treatments from the moment they start to use products. Why? Because it doesn’t hurt to start early. My grandmother always had flawless skin without one wrinkle and her advice was anti-aging creams and staying out of the sun.
6. Makeup Tricks: Thank goodness for makeup because it can transform a look in a matter of minutes. One of my favorite tips is to wear sparkly eyeshadow to brighten the eye and wear eyeliner and mascara on the top lid to open the eye.
Keep beautifully Red and Rock it like a Redhead!
Leave A Response
Dont Miss Out...
By: Sarah Reeves. All that glitters is GOLD and that rings very true for redheads because the color adds a sparkle to red hair and compliments light skin tones.This is why gold is the GO-TO color of the season.
It is said that how a woman wears down her lipstick tells a bit about her personality. Since redheads are known to be spunky, fiery, motivated (the list can go on and on) we wondered what the shape of your lipstick says about your red personality. This is how it works, the more your lipstick is used, the more you
Since the young age of five, Lindsay Beth Harper has been performing for audiences across the United States. In her younger years, she was selected to perform on NBC’s America’s Most Talented Kid. She has also appeared on Access Hollywood, as well as many other major news stations and she has finally began to receive the promotion and experience that