Use the below tips to stay beautifully red and Rock it like a Redhead!
Natural redheads are born with really sensitive skin and learning techniques to keep it irritation-free can be a huge challenge- especially during the summer months. Summer is full of outdoor activities and usually insect bites are a big worry for ‘gingers’ of the world because the skin can easily get irritated and a tiny bug bite can turn into what looks like a nasty looking sore.
Use these tips below to keep your redhead skin looking gorgeous:
1. Stay clear of perfumes. If you still want to smell pretty, but don’t want to attract bugs with the chemical scent, try natural perfumes that can easily be made at home. What redhead doesn’t like to smell romantic and sexy? Simply place these ingredients, or your own combination, in jar and fill with vodka. Cover and shake daily for 1 to 6 weeks. Strain out dry ingredients and use the liquid as perfume.
1 cup dried lavender blossoms, 1 cup dried chamomile blossoms, 1 cup dried basil, 1 cup dried rose petals
2. Good Ol’ Fashion Bug Spray. You can’t go wrong by choosing to spray some bug spray on your skin to make sure those nasty mosquitos stay away from your fair skin. Try: Avon Bug Guard
3. Wear light colored clothing. Mosquitos are attracted to dark clothes, so choose ‘redhead friendly’ colors like cream, light blue, purple and green.
4. Choose Your TIme of Day Outdoors. Most species of mosquitoes are most active at dusk and dawn. Time of day is also extremely important if you are aiming to stay away from bugs, so plan your activities around the afternoon. If you are outdoors during the morning and night, wear long sleeve clothing to prevent bites.
5. You May Be Allergic. Since redheaded skin is naturally sensitive, there is a huge possibility that if you are easily irritated by bugs, you could be allergic to mosquitos or bugs. Reactions from the bite range from skin irritation and redness to shock and require immediately medical attention. If you think you have this problem, see your local physician.
It has been proven that humans give off hundreds, maybe thousands, of natural scents that mosquitoes love; some people have these scents and are continuously bitten and some are never affected. If you’re either type of person, the above tips will help you enjoy your summer a bit more and keep you beautifully Red.
Leave A Response
Dont Miss Out...
Summer is just around the corner and it’s time to start getting your wardrobe ready for the season by embracing vibrant shades of fabric and thin, comfortable fabrics that express your redhead personality. There are hundreds of options when it comes to summer dresses, but there is no need to splurge to achieve the look you desire. Although your favorite celebrities,
We are itching for summer to arrive so, we want to prepare all redheads for the blistering sun (we feel warm just writing this post!) It is known that redheads have a tendency to have more moles and a higher risk of skin cancer than the regular person, so it is very important to always wear sunscreen. Since we