Rock it like a Redhead in the Summer Heat
Hot weather can cause many beauty challenges but we redheads know all too well that heat and humidity can cause our lovely ginger tresses to go wild and frizz. Just because there can be some minor hair issues does not mean we have to have the summer time blues.
Here are great tips for the best ways to fight frizz even in the midst of a heat wave:
1. Avoid brushing: Brushing not only disrupts your hair’s cuticle but it can also stretch hair, leading to breakage and frizz. After shampooing, finger-comb or use a wide tooth comb to part and smooth your hair then add a touch of your preferred ” leave in conditioner” or anti- frizz product and allow your hair to air dry.
2. Look for protein in your Conditioner: A protein-infused conditioner will not only help you manage frizz, but it will help to create shine too.
3. Don’t cook your hair: When it’s hot outside, you wouldn’t turn on your oven, so why add heat to your hair? Blow drying in humidity and heat only encourages frizz. Minimize frizz by avoiding flat irons, curling irons, and limiting heat sources to a blow dryer with a diffuser.
4. Dry only the roots of your hair. If you are short on time but still crave a cute ‘do, blow dry only your roots, as it gives hair a lift, but helps you to avoid drying out the hair shaft and hair tips. Then pull hair back in a sleek pony for a sophisticated look or a messy, ballerina bun for those crazy busy days.
5. Go alcohol-free. Because alcohol can dry hair out, setting you up for frizz, look for alcohol-free products. That may mean switching to salon-quality shampoos, conditioners, and hairsprays because salon products don’t have to last as long on the shelf, so they don’t contain as many harsh ingredients — like alcohol — as supermarket and drug store products do– in the long run, it’s worth the investment and your hair will be healthier!
Rock it like a Redhead, Ladies!
Leave A Response
Dont Miss Out...
By: Sarah Reeves I own my own boutique in Austin, TX called Plain Ivey Jane . We recently launched an online store and everything is “redhead friendly.” This week, I wanted to show you examples of outfits we are loving this season. And Stephanie, Co-Founder of How to be a Redhead and Redhead Fashion & Accessories Expert, dished what she loved about
It is said that how a woman wears down her lipstick tells a bit about her personality. Since redheads are known to be spunky, fiery, motivated (the list can go on and on) we wondered what the shape of your lipstick says about your red personality. This is how it works, the more your lipstick is used, the more you
Many redheads are fashion inspired by runway shoes, magazines, television and of course, celebrity redheads. Why? Well, because there aren’t that many redheads in the world, so celebrity gingers get extra attention. This summer, we have seen tons of denim in both the celebrity and fashion world. The color denim is ‘redhead friendly’ and one of the best looks for