Warm Toned or Cool Toned? It’s Easy! Read Below:
By: Erin Haight
A beautiful redhead is at the cosmetic counter at a department store and is searching tirelessly for the foundation that will perfectly match her complexion. A woman dressed in a lab coat approaches and asks, “Are you a warm tone or a cool tone?”
The redhead thinks, “Huh? What did she mean? Did she just insult me or say I look ill?”
Ravishing reds, never fear.
Here are a few tips you can use to determine if you have warm or cool undertones in your complexion and what to do about it:
Cool Tones: This means that you have blue-green tint to go with that fleshy skin color.
Warm Tones: This means you have peaches, reds, and purples mixed into your skin color.
EASY TRICKS TO FIND OUT WHAT TONE YOU ARE:
1. Turn your arm upwards so that you can see the underside of your forearm. Find your darkest most obvious vein, see it? Now is it blue-green or bluish-purple? If it is blue-green, you are a “cool” tone. If it is bluish-purple you are a “warm” tone. Easy, right?!
2. The color of your eyes can also make a big difference in figuring out what you are. If you have brown or hazel eyes, you are most likely a warm tone. If you have blue or grey-ish eyes you are probably a cool tone.
3. Most redheads have cool toned skin, but there are always exceptions.
LEARN HOW COSMETIC COMPANIES DEFINE YOU:
1. Remember that most foundations are labeled NW or NC and a corresponding number, like NW25 or NC 20. That means Neutral Warm or Neutral Cool. The number is the level of color, the smaller the number the lighter the shade.
TRICKS FOR SUMMER & WINTER:
1. In the summer, keep it sheer with tinted moisturizer in a slightly warmer shade to emphasize the color of your gorgeous freckles (Jealous!!). This shade should be somewhere between the color of your freckles and underlying skin tone.
2. In the winter months, emphasize the underlying skin tone color and use thicker moisturizer and foundation. You can cancel out redness with yellow-based foundation and concealer.
Now, when you find yourself at your next makeup counter, the conversation will go a lot more smoothly and you’ll find the ‘redhead friendly’ product you so desire.
Keep beautifully Red and Rock it like a Redhead!
Leave A Response
Dont Miss Out...
Bryce Dallas Howard is featured in a new Kate Spade ad with beautiful red hair and it seems to be inspired by the hit show, Mad Men and especially, Christina Hendricks. All we know for sure is, Red hair is all the rage!
How to be a Redhead is always searching for super awesome sunscreen to protect redheaded skin. We found a sunscreen line, Tru Kid, that we absolutely love ..and we want you to have it too! Although its name refers to it being a “kids sunscreen,” we can promise you it is for adults too. The Tru Kid Sunny Days Sport
By: Tasha, The Bay Area Style Guru This season, oceanic-inspired designs are a huge fashion trend and wearing these pretty styles will inspire you to get ready for beach days this summer. And we all know that one of the most famous mermaids ever is Disney‘s Ariel who is a ravishing redhead! Here are a few of my favorite ways to