Rock Your Natural Beauty!
Sherilyn Stetz is a celebrity makeup artist who has worked on the set of Desperate Housewives for five seasons and on the recent hit, Bridesmaids; she has also done makeup for Dixie Carter, Tom Hanks, Marg Helgenberger (a beautiful redhead!) and many, many more!
She sat down with How to be a Redhead last week and shared her top suggestions for redheads.
This week, she shares with us her TOP 5 favorite makeup tips for redheads:
1. A strong lip: “I love a pretty orange-reddish lip or a soft-pink pastel.”
2. Dark Circles: “Natural redheads have thinner skin, so many face the problem of dark under-eye circles. For very dark circles,think pink! Pink will cancel blue or greyish color under the eye.” Try: Senna Cosmetics, “Cameo”.
3. Sunscreen: How to be a Redhead always talks about sunscreen! “Jan Marini is one of the best sunscreen products out there. Golfers love it.”
4. Eyebrows: ”Leave them alone! Especially now,when the trend is for a more natural brow. They frame your eyes,nothing is more important (well, except for your skin).”
5. Eyeshadow: The 60′s eye is very flattering! “Try adding a little bit of shimmer in middle of lid and toward the outer area; and a darker muted shade that blends inward. Add a little shimmer high on your cheekbones with a blush and cat-eyeliner to fully bring out that 60′s look.”
Stay tuned for next week: Sherilyn dishes how Marcia Cross does her makeup!
Leave A Response
Dont Miss Out...
By: Tasha, The Bay Area Style Guru Valentine’s Day is already associated with the color RED and since redheads are so lovable, it should be an extra special day for those of us with fiery locks! After all, wasn’t it “The Little Redhaired Girl” that Charlie Brown wanted for his Valentine? So I say, let’s show the love and deem
Sherilyn Stetz is a celebrity makeup artist who has worked on the set of Desperate Housewives for five seasons and on the recent hit, Bridesmaids; she has also done makeup for Dixie Carter, Tom Hanks, Marg Helgenberger (a beautiful redhead!) and many, many more! Also, M.A.C. chose Sherilyn as one (there were five other makeup artists chosen, too) of their Master Makeup Artists of
When the weather starts changing outdoors, you’ll notice your redheaded sensitive skin starting to feel tight, itchy and dry. You might think you can get away with not prepping your skin for the colder weather, but your skin needs you! Don’t ignore the changing seasons. Follow these steps to keep your ivory skin flawless all fall and winter long: 1.