For Your Red Look
By: Tasha, The Bay Area Style Guru
We all want to look and feel our best, but with hectic schedules and too few hours in the day, it’s difficult to stick to a complicated beauty routine.
That’s why I have broken down a few essential and healthy beauty habits that are easy to follow and will keep you and your red hair looking great!
1. Always remove makeup before going to bed at night. This seems like a beauty “no brainer,” but when you’re tired, it’s so tempting to crash with makeup still on your face. Well, that’s why makeup remover wipes were invented. Now, there’s really no excuse!
Try: Burt’s Bees Facial Cleansing Towelettes
2. Clean your makeup brushes. Okay be honest, how often do you really clean your makeup brushes? Well consider this, makeup brushes can collect bacteria that lead to clogged pores and breakouts. Simply spray on the bristles of your brushes, wipe with a paper towel and allow to dry overnight- voila! Try to follow this easy habit once a week.
Try: Clinique Makeup Brush Cleanser
3. Toss old makeup. Do you still have cosmetics from the last presidential election? Get the trash can out and toss any mascara older than three months and any shadows, blushes or foundations that you’ve had longer than six months!
4. Give your hair a break from blow drying or hot tools. Just one day of the week, try to not use hot irons and blow dryers. You’ll be amazed at how just one day of rest will improve your hair’s health and texture. For the optimal health of your locks, make a date with your salon to get a little trim every six to eight weeks to keep split ends at bay and to promote new growth.
5. Eat healthy and find a workout you love. Make it a practice to eat more super foods like berries and leafy green veggies that are packed with beauty boosting antioxidants. Also, move your body at least three times a week; it can be anything from taking a power walk, hatha yoga or shaking it at a dance class.
6. Get your Beauty Sleep! Mom was right about this, getting a least eight hours of sleep a night allows our bodies to restore which translates into a refreshed, prettier you.
7. Moisturize Your Skin. Did you know that your skin is the largest organ of your body and natural redheads have thinner skin than most? Give your skin the TLC it deserves. Make sure to pay special attention to the delicate skin under your eyes.
Try: Olay’s Pro X Eye Restoration Complex for a smooth and dewey appearance.
These easy beauty habits are simple to follow and take very little time, but will yield fabulous results! Here’s to you, Gorgeous!
Tasha is a proud redhead, fashion stylist and personal shopper working in the greater San Francisco area where she is known as The Bay Area Style Guru. Follow her daily style tips on Twitter @stylegurugirl
Leave A Response
Dont Miss Out...
..and that’s exactly what Christina Hendricks was thinking when she was modeling in Milan a few years ago. Another model, Karen Elson, couldn’t find work so she replicated Christina’s fun, red locks and before you know it, Karen was featured in the front of Italian Vogue! Christina told Harper Bazaar about Karen Elson, “There was one girl—she was like, ‘I can’t
By: Carmina Alvarez Heat is redhead’s worst enemy and best friend. Let me explain. Heat can easily destroy our beautiful red hair but can also beautifully enhance our locks and gives us the hair we were born to have! As a curly redhead myself, I have extensive experience with all kinds of heat protectants. On a daily basis, I use a
It is Rosacea Awareness Month. Rosacea is a common yet poorly understood dermatological disorder of the face, neck, chest, back and arms which causes unflattering and unwelcome redness of the skin, visible blood vessels, and in extreme cases, pimple-like bumps, and redness of the eye’s sclera. It is a condition that most commonly affects redheads; this is because of the