Quick and Easy Holiday Beauty & Fashion Buys for Last Minute Elves
By: Olivia Shea
Just like the carol chants, “it’s the most wonderful time of the year”. We let ourselves get wrapped up in the annual festivities as we listen to Michael Buble Holiday on Pandora, sip eggnog, slice challah bread, layer on sparkly knit tights, carefully position ourselves underneath the mistletoe at the office holiday party just as the hot new accountant makes his way over…yup, it’s the holidays alright.
But there is one thing that always seems to catch me off guard this time of year no matter how much I think I have everything under control in my winter wonderland.
I poke the 23rd day of December on my advant calendar and it hits me like a snowball of selfish icicles.
Crap! I haven’t bought a single gift for anyone yet!
Well its time to hit the busy sidewalks, city sidewalks, dressed in holiday style, because soon it will be Christmas day.
Here are some inexpensive, quick and easy beauty buys that make excellent stocking stuffers or serves as a little something nice for a friend or family member to pamper themselves with.
Oh, and did I mention they are all red? I mean, come on.
1. Jingle G by Hara Juku Lovers Frangrance $25: That’s right reds, not just for the likes of blonde pop icon Gwen Stephanie anymore. This scent is made up of exotic ingredients such as white star fruit, orange blossom, and cedar wood serving as the perfect festive fume.
2. Sephora Collection Eyelash Curler $16: Tested and approved by the make up professionals at Sephora, this precise eyelash curler guarantees to deliver beautiful and evenly curled lashes that will last day to night.
3. Smashbox Click You’re It Eye Pallet $40 ($250 value): This set is packed with 15 eyeshadows, 5 cream eyeliners, photo finish eye primer, and 6 looks to try on your own.
4. Hello Kitty Liquid Nail Art $10: You’ll be saying hello pretty nails once you try this high shine, anti-chip, UV-protected polish in a classic chic red.
5. NARS Yorokobi Super Orgasm Set $39 ($49 Value): This high in demand blush sells 1 in it’s gold flecked color Orgasm every 2.5 seconds! Paired with lip gloss and nail polish also in Orgasm, it creates the perfect peach pallet to warm up this chilly season.
6. Fashion Pieces: If you’re in a list minute pinch for some great “redhead friendly” pieces, click here to view more!
_____________________________________________________________________________Olivia is a loud and proud Brooklynite (no seriously she has the tattoo to prove it) whose writing is inspired by the daily shenanigans she witnesses on the city streets and trends of the fashion capitol – o jeez the trends! From Doc Martens to retro Jordans, winged eyeliner to flushed and contoured cheeks, Olivia’s saysbring it on! Graduate from the University of Miami, she now works in beauty and continues her passion for writing (makeup and skin care in particular, duh). When not working, Olivia can be found in a local coffee shop with a danish and her laptop or dancing the stresses of the city grime away – in six inch heels. For more information, beauty tips, a pen pal, shoulder to cry on (JOKE) email her email@example.com. Thank you for the support, shout out to the gingas!
Leave A Response
Dont Miss Out...
Hilary Reed is a 21-year-old redhead living in Manhattan. How to be a Redhead had the pleasure to talk with Hilary about how she rocks her red locks!
By: Tasha,The Bay Area Style Guru One of the hottest makeup trends for spring is a metallic, smokey eye using copper shades. This look is perfect for redheads because the copper not only “plays up” ginger locks, but it also is a perfect hue to compliment ivory skin tones! Here are step by step instructions on how to get the metallic-copper
By: Janine Ripper As redheads, we hear it all. But no matter where you are in the world, there is one thing that seems to be ‘common’ to all, and that is the ‘infamous redhead temper’. Even in the book Anne of Green Gables, the redheaded heroine is depicted as temperamental, “the temper matches her hair”. Of course, this can’t be